Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Hasidic actor walks off Portman movie
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Cdlf

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:47 pm
What was he thinking when he accepted the part?! He obviously wasn't!!!

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:49 pm
my only thought on this topic- is WHO CARES?

total lashon harah- who knows if any of his family is on here, and even if tehy are not, WHO CARES, and what gives "us" the right to talk about him

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:59 pm
I think that when a person's face is plastered all over the papers it sort of gives people the right to discuss the entire matter.

You can't expect someone frum to be in the papers for whatever reason and then have everyone act like they never read it. This is the way of the world. Articles appear in the paper and people discuss them.

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:18 pm
I disagree. maybe- a crane falling down and killing four people- thats something that everyone has a "right" to discuss. but a frum yid, with a wife and kids, no matter what part of judasim he falls into- we have no right discussing him on a open forum, total lashon harah.

Blossom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:28 pm
I agree with you shayna. Definitely could be Loshon horah.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:30 pm
I don't understand. We're discussing something, and someone, in the news. It's newsworthy, and interesting. We do that all the time.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:36 pm
But this isn't Governor Spitzer, Clarissa. This is a frum Jew Rolling Eyes

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:45 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I don't understand. We're discussing something, and someone, in the news. It's newsworthy, and interesting. We do that all the time.

basically thats gossip. discussing something about a frum person wether its newsworthy or interesting is not the point . of cource its interesting, everyone wants to know everyone elses business. but that dosnt make it right.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:54 pm
You are probably right about this one Blossom.

Although I don't think there is a problem discussing what was written in the paper I don't think it's necessary to discuss his mother/wife/children etc.

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 2:58 pm
right. so thats why the rules of lashon harah are in place, so that we dont even start. cuz then others are sucked into it, when they are probably innocent, then its really making up stories.

so many sick people around, if this is one thing we can concentrate on- talking bad about others, Im gonna try my hardest...

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:14 pm
I think that anything that someone does that merits a mention in a newspaper, is allowed to be discussed. Maybe not his mother's mikvah habits, but what he did, the outcome, the consequences and everything else is just plain news.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:16 pm
Maya wrote:
I think that anything that someone does that merits a mention in a newspaper, is allowed to be discussed. Maybe not his mother's mikvah habits, but what he did, the outcome, the consequences and everything else is just plain news.

Thumbs Up

Clarissa

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:19 pm
I second that. Thumbs Up

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:35 pm
yes, he is KE"h one of 15... or 17...

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:41 pm
ordinarilly if a jew is in a movie, who cares- no one talks about it. but if someone who looks the part of someone who shouldnt/wouldnt normally play a part in a movie, let a lone a hollywood movie... and why he chose to do it, and "what was he thinking"

I mean the poor guy, maybe he wasnt thinking--- who cares..

whatever as others say- im gonna scroll on by.

Maya

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:49 pm
shayna82 wrote:

I mean the poor guy, maybe he wasnt thinking--- who cares..

Why is he a "poor guy"? Do you think he was forced into this? Whatever he did was his own decision, and I'm sure he was aware of the consequences. I wonder why women here would portray him as the victim...

chayitty

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 3:59 pm
we're just giving him the benfit of doubt....y u so eager to judge him wrong..isnt there a mitzva that says to judge every jew favorably????

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 4:12 pm
im saying poor guy that everyone is talking about him, and his mother for heavens sake. I mean, I guess its not just hollwood that make up stories and spread rumors. no pun intended. whether he knew or not is not the point.

bigdeal

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 6:34 pm
a mother- IT WAS discussed in a civil manner- next thing you know
its I know his family, wife, shes pretty, no shes not, he knew what he was doing, he didnt know, the school shoul have kicked his kids out, they shouldnt have, bla bla bla
WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES
Let the Non- Jew do the judging- can we at least stop the gossiping???
Discuss the issue till youre blue - but this is NOT an issue it is a person- a fellow tslem elokim no less ( hey I aint perfect- but a whole thread dedicated to a Jews mistake- now THATS DISGUSTFUL- yep you herd me)

Blossom

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 7:16 pm
By the way, at the risk of sounding "self-righteous- holier than thou- on her high horse" no matter how many newspapers are discussing the issue the laws of loshon horah still apply. It's very clear in the Sefer Chofetz Chaim.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics