Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning lady vs. cleaning service

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:25 am
I've been through a string of bad housekeepers lately and now can't find anyone at all. I'm thinking of looking into a cleaning service.

So if anyone has had regular housekeepers in their home and has used cleaning services - can you tell me what to expect with a cleaning service? In what way is the experience different? Is it a whole team of people that swoosh through your house and get it really clean in an hour or two? Are they as detail oriented? Same crew each time? Any services they won't perform that a housekeeper does? Advantages? Disadvantages?

flmommy

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:12 am
With a service expect to pay more. Another disadvantage is you won’t always get the same “team” so cleaning may involve more oversight and inconsistencies then if you used the same person every time. A benefit is of you aren’t happy with a particular agency it’s emotionally easier to say no to a service then a person in my opinion.

groovy1224

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:24 am
I don't have a very large home, so for me a cleaning service was 2 ladies. They were by me for 3 hours and did a great job. They vacuumed, mopped, wiped down surfaces, cleaned the bathrooms, and some general tidying. They do not clean refrigerators, wipe down walls, clean ovens, etc. unless you specifically request a deep cleaning which would include stuff like that.

It's different than a cleaning lady. They were definitely more thorough, but its more expensive so it's not something most people are going to have done once a week. You just have to decide if you'd prefer a lighter cleaning more often, or a more thorough cleaning less often. There's no right answer, it's just preference. If you find that you are able to keep on top of every day clutter pretty well and just want that top to bottom clean once or twice a month, a cleaning service is great. But if you have kids and the bathrooms need cleaning every other day, and you want to outsource that, a cleaning lady makes more sense.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics