Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Help! Buffet for 150!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:35 pm
I am so happy for you!
How was the ice cream truck?

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:37 pm
Mazel tov DVOM! I’m so glad it worked out! It really sounds like it was a gorgeous and happy affair.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:38 pm
DVOM wrote:
Hello ladies!

I meant to check back in, we've just been so busy!

So, how was the bar mitzvah?????

It was amazing. The decor came out beautiful. I ended up in and out of the hospital for the two weeks beforehand, so we ordered some of the food from a caterer. Everyone who asked if they could cook and prepare came through. It was interesting to see what food went, what we had leftovers of. We had a few extra pans of pasta, and some leftover soup, but that was really it. The homemade breads, fish, potatoes, veggies, pancakes, pizzas, quiches, were all gone by the end of the night. We did up the wait staff to 4 waiters. Hard to know if it was needed or not. They were really great, perfessional and really took care of all the serving and clearing. Bathrooms were not an issue, as far as we could tell. The weather was beautiful. I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm going to see if I could post some pics.

The biggest snag in the plans was, predictably, something I hadn't anticipated: our cleaning lady was sick, so no cleaning help, which was hard. As predicted though, one neighbor got to work with a broom and mop, my mom put an apron on top of her party dress and did a quick load of dishes, a bunch of our teen neighbors stayed till one in the morning packing away (and eating!) leftovers, another neighbor laundered our gamach tablecloths, another neighbor showed up in the morning and cleaned our kitchen...we have wonderful family and friends!

At one point during the night my son, bounding past me, hugged me and said it was the best night of his life. Totally worth all the hard work!

I knew it would be amazing! I'm so glad! BZH for his chuppah!

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:13 pm
I'm so happy it worked out! The link didn't work, if you can figure it out I'd love to see pics.

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:48 am
Thanks, everyone!

The ice cream truck and fireworks were spectacular! Photo booths very sadly did not happen. It was a real shame because they were all built, all I needed to do was paint them. But with all the hospital visits, I just didn't have the time. We'll save them for our next party!

For the life of me I could not figure out how to post pictures. I tried!

If any of you want to PM me, I don't mind Whatsapping pics to anyone who does not seem like a super stalker Wink

freilich

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:52 am
Mazel to! I'm so happy it worked out.

May you and your husband see lots of nachas!

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:35 am
DVOM wrote:
Thanks, everyone!

The ice cream truck and fireworks were spectacular! Photo booths very sadly did not happen. It was a real shame because they were all built, all I needed to do was paint them. But with all the hospital visits, I just didn't have the time. We'll save them for our next party!

For the life of me I could not figure out how to post pictures. I tried!

If any of you want to PM me, I don't mind Whatsapping pics to anyone who does not seem like a super stalker Wink

Mazal Tov! Sounds like it was a beautiful event.

I hope you're feeling better...

When you upload the pictures you need to copy the link provided under what looks like the text box - you copied the "fakepath" info - you need to copy the imgur info:
https://I.imgur.com/YItTfGC.jpg

Like so:

Then tap the images button and paste it in the space provided.

(hope that helps so we can also see the Tefillin bag if you did finish it )

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:46 am
For the life of me I can’t figure out how to upload pictures on this site either!

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
For the life of me I can’t figure out how to upload pictures on this site either!

I found this thread helpful:
How do I post an image??
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....18576
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days