Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
PSA: eczema that won't go away
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:13 pm
OP here.
My son still has eczema on his chin. Its very red, but not crusty.

I have been treating it with 2.5% hydrocortisone ointment. I don't think its doing anything at this point.

He has other spots on his body, and I treat those with something else. (I dont rememeber what its called now)

My doctor recommends wet wrap therapy. The first time I did it, I did it pretty consistently for 2 weeks. I saw major improvement. Since then, I do the wet wrap every now and then (a few times a week). His skin is ok, except his face looks pretty bad because under his eyes are very puffy and red. Dr. prescribed a nasal spray for that but I havent gotten it yet.

He does have several food allergies but he is off all those foods. Also, the dr. says that the food allergies is likely not causing the eczema, its just that they come together, meaning children with eczema are prone to allergies.

One of the worst parts about all this is that there are so many contradictory opinions
when it comes to allergies. Ive been through the runaround with different doctors and dermatologists. At this point I'm just following my current doctors advice because I need to feel that I have one mehalech. He seems very attentive and I hope to see my son grow out of his eczema soon, G-d willing.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Beige, I hope you read this.
The culture did come back positive. Prescribed Keflex. It's not like I have a dr that I trust right now. How would you go about this now?

And OP- is the patch still there? did it change in any way after the antibiotics?

Which bacteria grew and how much?

I’m not a doctor so please don’t take my word over your doctor- but I would discuss with the doctor whether he thinks this amount of growth necessitates systemic antibiotics with the risks associated (antibiotics resistance & gut disturbance in a child that is clearly sensitive)and if you can treat it topically.

Seems like it’s been there for a while- has the patch size changed- spread to other areas? Has your child had fever or any other symptoms (like pus) I would discuss all of this with the doctor so you can see what would be in the best interest of your child.

I hope your doctor can help you figure this out.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:47 pm
Saddle brown, how’s your son /daughter doing?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:00 pm
You are so sweet for following up. I don't think it spread bH. One Dr said Keflex, the other one I saw said that Staph lives on the skin and so she wouldn't give antibiotics. I'm changing doctors very soon iyH, I just got bactraban and will try that.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:40 pm
I’m fat with extra skin from weightloss and recently found out myself that my jock itch I had for over a year was so bacterial. My doctor, the pharmacy, no one figured it out. Me. I figured it out. You’d think they never saw a fat person with jock itch before.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 8:38 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m fat with extra skin from weightloss and recently found out myself that my jock itch I had for over a year was so bacterial. My doctor, the pharmacy, no one figured it out. Me. I figured it out. You’d think they never saw a fat person with jock itch before.

Now totally off topic, but HOW do I avoid all that extra skin (I'm trying to lose lots of weight now Sad and will be so unhappy if I do hopefully lose the weight and then am left with all that Crying
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics