Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Food ideas please!! Healthy food to add to my diet
Previous  1  2

honey36

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:32 pm
We also don't really like beans mixed into lettuce salad, so we make separate bean and chickpea salads

Bean salad: frozen chopped veggie mix- green beans, peas, corn, carrots etc. defrost or warm up in microwave, drain, add a can of mixed beans washed and drained- kidney, white, navy, whatever, or a can of lentils. Add some chopped celery, red pepper, pickles, red onion, sun dried tomatoes...dress with red wine vinaigrette.

For chickpeas- can chickpeas rinsed and drained, add chopped celery, red pepper, pickles, red onion. Dress with one tblspn mayo, lemon juice, garlic cube, dill cube, salt, pepper and mustard.

Both last in fridge a few days, so we make for Shabbos and can have for lunch/dinner until Wednesday.

Also love the vacuum packed beets- add to lettuce salads or plain with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, little squeeze of honey.

Cabbage salads- so easy and can basically dress with anything. We usually do apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, bit of maple syrup, salt, pepper. Add toasted nuts and sesame for crunch and filling. Also can add edamame, green onion, craisins...

yaye

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:35 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
I found lots of inspiration in the new cookbooks. do you have cookbooks

I have cookbooks, I stopped using them when I went off sugar! Which books would you recommend?

Janie Asne

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:16 pm
I love Chanie Apfelbaum’s Millennial Kosher. You could check out her blog busy in Brooklyn. She’s so creative love her style...

I do pizza on low carb wraps sometimes I add mushrooms, tomatoes peppers or onions

Steak with grilled veggies

Grilled chicken sliced and added to lettuce salad. If I have time I add roasted veggies to this as well

String beans with everything spice and Garlic salt roasted on 425 for 25 minutes

Schnitzel dipped in egg and breaded in almond flour, sesame seeds and spices

Shakshouka

Roasted eggplant boats (C. Apfelbaum’s) with sauce and cheese, tomatoes and cheese or Israeli salad and falafel

Spana Jibn (Syrian spinach quiche)
Sauté onion
Add garlic, salt, pepper
16 oz bag frozen spinach
Take off heat and mix in 8 eggs lots of shredded cheese. I like it really cheesy. Sometimes I add cream cheese.
Pour into pans and bake on 375 about 40 minutes

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 6:22 pm
I make a ton of bean salads.

Black beans with couscous/bulghur, corn, scallions, mini cukes, grape tomatoes, dressed with olvie oil salt/pepper/white balsamic/lemon juice

Same with lentils with beets, rice, dried mint, mini cukes, mini tomatoes, scallions, same dressing.

I also make ribbons out of zucchini with a vegetable peeler, and saute in olive oil.

Or Pistacho pesto on zucchini noodles (you need only pistachios and an immersion blender, no oil)

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:52 pm
Tuna melts made with low carb wraps in sandwich maker

Ww veggie cutlet burger sandwich with the fixings

Red cheese salad

Salad made with sugar snap peas, purple cabbage, grape tomatoes & mushroom saute'd in garlic

Mushroom egg salad

Mock liver made with peas

Grilled frozen tuna steak

Chicken veggie burgers without crumbs

Meat/mushroom burgers

Eggplant rollups

Stuffed portabella caps

Meatballs with spinach inside

Mock potato salad made with cauliflower

Cauliflower or broccolli kugel or with california veg.

Zucchini mushroom kugel or mushroom kugel

Zucchini/yellow squash pepper & mushroom letcho

Green beans with pastrami

Roasted pepper, baby corn, mushroom with onions

yaye

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:01 am
Thank you everyone who took time to respond. There is so much here for me to try!

Pumpkin, how do you make pistachio pesto? Just blend pistachios? Can I use this on fish or chicken?

Dankbar, what’s red cheese salad?

Any other cookbook suggestions?

yaye

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:01 am
Does anyone have recipes or ideas how to use chia seeds?

Janie Asne

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:13 am
sm236 wrote:
Does anyone have recipes or ideas how to use chia seeds?

I actually put some in meatballs not a lot though, 1/3 cup chia seeds for 5lbs chopped meat, dozen eggs and spices

Janie Asne

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:15 am
sm236 wrote:
Thank you everyone who took time to respond. There is so much here for me to try!

Pumpkin, how do you make pistachio pesto? Just blend pistachios? Can I use this on fish or chicken?

Dankbar, what’s red cheese salad?

Any other cookbook suggestions?

Not a cookbook but you could check out tasty. It’s an app I got a lot of inspiration from there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise