Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dd 16 doesn’t want to get the vaccine
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Supermom#1

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Meme of the year 👍.

LOL LOL LOL

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I’ll let my oncologist know you said this, thanks.

My mom's oncologist agreed with me. So I'm not at all certain your oncologist would agree with you, assuming you are fully vaccinated and know you have antibodies. If you don't, then you are one of those immunosuppressed people for whom the vaccine didn't take, and you are as protected as an unvaccinated person.

amother
Amethyst

amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
If you are going to call someone selfish for not agreeing with you then maybe they don't want you to come anyway.

I'm gonna wait and see what happens in a couple years before I inject myself with a new vaccine that hasn't been studied long term. Thanks.

I guess I am selfish about my health.

We each get to be selfish about our lives in our own way. Yes?

Supermom#1

No, you’re not understanding. They didn’t die from the vaccine. They died from covid.

Wow, but b'h they were vaccinated. That was close!

amother
Seafoam

amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I meant to say that the chance of dying from covid when vaccinated is 1 in a million.
It's not ignorant for a young healthy person to not want to take the vaccine because of the unknown long term effects.

Sorry, I thought you were the other poster. I agree with you. Will delete my comment; please delete your quote of it.

Just to clarify, though, if the chance of dying from covid while vaccinated is 1 in 1 million, and the chance of dying from covid without being vaccinated is 1 in 1000, then that is definitely a pro in the vaccine's direction and does not support the point you were making.

The fear of unknown side effects in the long term is, perhaps, a good reason not to get the vaccine if you are not at high risk of dying from covid. What I truly don't understand is the people who are at high risk of dying from covid but refuse to get the vaccine (from their own initiative, not on a medical doctor's advice). This is where we get into a general vaccine discussion, though, and I'm not touching that one.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
My mom's oncologist agreed with me. So I'm not at all certain your oncologist would agree with you, assuming you are fully vaccinated and know you have antibodies. If you don't, then you are one of those immunosuppressed people for whom the vaccine didn't take, and you are as protected as an unvaccinated person.

I am essentially one of those people. Does everyone wish to continue telling me that I’m crazy?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:34 pm

Other's not taking the vaccine has nothing to do with you. It's selfish to expect the entire population to take the vaccine and it's selfish to call people that don't want the vaccine selfish.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:34 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
Wow, but b'h they were vaccinated. That was close!

1 IN ONE MILLION vs. 1 IN 1,000.

Do you not understand the difference?!

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:35 pm

its not called selfish to make health choices that are to your own benefit.

she isn't selfish for not getting the vaccine and you arent selfish for refusing to go to their house.

the issue is that you are using the word selfish in this context

amother
Amethyst

Other's not taking the vaccine has nothing to do with you. It's selfish to expect the entire population to take the vaccine and it's selfish to call people that don't want the vaccine selfish.

It’s not nice to tell people who will die if they get covid that they are being selfish.

amother
Seafoam

I am essentially one of those people. Does everyone wish to continue telling me that I’m crazy?

No, you are simply in a different category than the rest of the people we are discussing.

We are talking about people who are fully vaccinated, who had an immune response, and who are still living as if the vaccine changes nothing.

If the vaccine didn't take for you, then you're essentially not vaccinated. Of course you're quarantining. But that's different than the OP's scenario - her at-risk family members are coming over!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:37 pm
It’s not nice to tell people who will die if they get covid that they are being selfish.

They are being selfish to expect others to put a brand new vaccine into their body.

On the preponderance of evidence, I chose to get vaccinated to protect my at-risk family members. But I do not believe that those who make a different choice are selfish. Shortsighted and prone to mass hysteria in some cases (not all; it depends on how much research the person did vs. believing what they read on Twitter), but not selfish.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:37 pm
No, you are simply in a different category than the rest of the people we are discussing.

We are talking about people who are fully vaccinated, who had an immune response, and who are still living as if the vaccine changes nothing.

If the vaccine didn't take for you, then you're essentially not vaccinated. Of course you're quarantining. But that's different than the OP's scenario - her at-risk family members are coming over!

We don’t actually know how high risk the OPs relatives are.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:38 pm

but its ok for you to think badly of someone who doesnt want to inject themselves with a brand new untested drug?

thats hypocritical.

amother
Chartreuse

It's not nice to call people that don't want to take a risky vaccine selfish.

Supermom#1

1 IN ONE MILLION vs. 1 IN 1,000.

Do you not understand the difference?!

noooooo, can you please explain?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:39 pm
It's not nice to call people that don't want to take a risky vaccine selfish.

There is no imperial evidence that the vaccine is risky. That’s hyperbole.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:39 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
but its ok for you to think badly of someone who doesnt want to inject themselves with a brand new untested drug?

thats hypocritical.

The drugs went through trials.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:42 pm
There is no imperial evidence that the vaccine is risky. That’s hyperbole.

There's not any empirical evidence either. Laugh

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 8:42 pm
The drugs went through trials.

so its up to standards FOR YOU.

Other people want to wait and see what happens in a few years.

They don't owe you anything. Get over yourself.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children