Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Feel my pain

elisecohen

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:13 pm
AAAGHHH--it's motzei Shabbos, 48 hours before Rosh Hashana (actually less) and I just went downstairs to my big freezer to begin defrosting meat to cook for yuntiff--and found that the freezer had been left open, probably for 2 days or so. The meat is all rotten, and the baked goods that hadn't been baked yet rose and fell and are destroyed too!

I went so far out of my way to be able to avoid a mad rush and having to be at the butcher's these crazy days before R"H and now it's all for nothing plus we're out all the money for the meat!

I realize this is a fairly painless way to expiate some kind of punishment I must be deserving, all things considered, a far better tikkun than most, but it's a pain and I had to kvetch to those I knew would sympathize.

Shana tova, think of me as you cook and shop!

leahj

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:18 pm
Yikes! I am so sorry to hear of this dreadful event. But, you are right to have a positive attitude. My advice for the Yom Tov - keep it simple!

imaamy

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:38 pm
You must have been so shocked when you saw what happened. Wish I could help you!

mommy2

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:49 pm
That must be soooooooooooo upseting! Good Luck!

Tovah

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:54 pm
I can relate so of. last yr ppasach we were at my inlaws and we don't buy anything on pasach. the freezer was unplug. anyways losts of money down the tub.

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 8:54 pm
((((((BIG HUG))))))) - that is really upsetting! Hatzlacha getting everything together.
It seems like you have a great attitude- remember any material loss is better than a spiritual one Wink

deedee

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 9:47 pm
wow what a shock! so sorry to hear it. Hashem should send u $ and extra patience!! Smile

klotzkashe

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 9:58 pm
elise, if you lived near my I'd love to have you over, but it would be a long swim for your family!

ANyone on here that lives in elise's town? do I hear invitations for rh coming her way???

shoshana

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 10:15 pm
I'm so sorry to read this. But, maybe you'll find some comfort in this. Last year, I had a few very upsetting things happen on Rosh Hashana. My brother told me (I don't remember the exact source in Hebrew) that when it starts out bad, it will end very, very good. He assured me that my year would end up will lots and lots of good, and Boruch Hashem he was right. Hashem will surely bless you and your family with only brochos this year!

micki

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 10:53 pm
we lost a case of salmon $$$ when the fuse to the freezer blew and we did not know it...
let this be the worst.

Tefila

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 11:08 pm
Oy elsie here's a (((()))). And this should be the worst that happens to u. Wink

avigayil

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 11:18 pm
Elise,

You have my sympathy. One of my friends lost everything in her freezer when her college aged daughter unplugged the freezer to iron her skirt before shabbos !
Good luck!

imaof7

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 12:03 am
I feel your pain, we went away for the the seder on Pesach, I had just vacuumed my car drove 4 hrs didn't think@ it on the way back after yom tov I remembered I forgot to plug back in my freezer!!!! Whole freezer of pesach meat ,cakes,milk, cheese gone, poof and very smelly. But better that than something else!

Meema2Kids

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 12:05 am
Oh no that is terrible!! Crying

IM-MA

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 1:56 am
I feel so bad for you. Hashem should bless your family with a sweet year.

chavamom

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 3:49 am
You sound like you are dealing with it better than I would!

I had a good friend in Israel who eats a lot of natural and organic foods. She had a whole chest freezer chock full of vegetables before shmitta. You guessed it - a guest leaned a backpack against the plug, unplugging it and by the time they found it, it was a disaster. I thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown - literally. Kol hakavod for keeping it together! May it be a kapara.

sarahd

Post Sun, Oct 02 2005, 5:33 am
Oh man. Aarrrgh is right. May the aggravation indeed be a kapara for you and yours. You have a great attitude.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen