Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Does it make sense to keep paying for kids dental insurance?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 5:54 pm
I’m paying about $60/month for dental insurance for my two kids. They are little and so far we only go for checkups twice a year. Does it make sense to keep paying for dental insurance or would it be much cheaper to just pay out of pocket whenever we need?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 6:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m paying about $60/month for dental insurance for my two kids. They are little and so far we only go for checkups twice a year. Does it make sense to keep paying for dental insurance or would it be much cheaper to just pay out of pocket whenever we need?

My child was going to fall off his insurance, and I wanted to figure out if it's worthwhile to get an insurance that his dentist doesn't accept. When I called to ask them procing, they said it's $200 for a checkup without insurance, with a 10% discount if paid upfront in cash. You need to call your dentist to find out prices of checkup and for filling a cavity in case it comes up, and decide based on that.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 6:12 pm
My dentist is $180 per visit. Based on that calculation, it would break even whether you pay out of pocket or have insurance. But as soon as a kid has a cavity or an extra visit, it's cheaper to have insurance.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 8:02 pm
Thanks, I don’t know why I didn’t think of calling to find out OOP prices!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries