Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Looks like we got the dreaded corona
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:20 am
My whole family just got knocked down like dominoes, one after the other, in the course of 3 days. We all are achy and drowsy and mildly congested and can't smell a thing. On and off low fevers and chills.

If this is the worst of it, it will be unpleasant but manageable. We've all been feeling lousy for several days now. Is there any point at which I can stop worrying about onset of severe respiratory issues? Do those usually hit early on if it's going to happen? Or can it happen a week in or more?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
...this thing hasn’t been conquered yet. Comment edited by Mod

It won’t be concurred ever. It’s here to stay unfortunately.
Do you really imagine this going away? I don’t think anyone in the medical field ever said that is possible.

OP refuah shelaima. Some have it get bad later but most are ok after 3 days. As long as you feel you can breathe ok I wouldn’t worry too much. Hopefully it will pass soon.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My whole family just got knocked down like dominoes, one after the other, in the course of 3 days. We all are achy and drowsy and mildly congested and can't smell a thing. On and off low fevers and chills.

If this is the worst of it, it will be unpleasant but manageable. We've all been feeling lousy for several days now. Is there any point at which I can stop worrying about onset of severe respiratory issues? Do those usually hit early on if it's going to happen? Or can it happen a week in or more?

Hi OP, sorry you are feeling unwell. Usually the first few days are as you described. Respiratory, several days in (for me, over a yr ago). Some do not feel respiratory issues. I recommend you take high dose vit c, quercitin, Vit d3+k2, lots of warm liquids, steam from a pot - to breath in (can add lemon and orange slices to it too) and rest. .Stomach sleeping is helpful as it opens the airways. Take it easy and ride with the symptoms. This too, shall pass.

Good luck!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:31 am
Mommyabc posted that she had corona a few weeks ago and she got great tips. Try to find that post and skim through it. Refuah shlaima to your whole family!!!!

Last edited by flowerpower on Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I hope this is the worst of it for you and your family. Everyone is different. I began having breathing trouble a few days into it. It usually worsened at night. I then thought I felt a little better one day and suddenly got worse the next day but that was the peak. I was worse for one day and then began improving each day after. I developed a cough towards the end. Everyone in the family had it differently . We all had it at the same time. I had it the worst . I think being anxious of the unknown just made it worse. Live in the moment. Take care of yourself. Drink, drink and drink. And feel better soon!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:32 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Hi OP, sorry you are feeling unwell. Usually the first few days are as you described. Respiratory, several days in (for me, over a yr ago). Some do not feel respiratory issues. I recommend you take high dose vit c, quercitin, Vit d3+k2, lots of warm liquids, steam from a pot - to breath in (can add lemon and orange slices to it too) and rest. .Stomach sleeping is helpful as it opens the airways. Take it easy and ride with the symptoms. This too, shall pass.

Good luck!

Thank you. Been doing all of that and B"H feeling a little better already but exhausted.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:32 am
Its important to know the protocol with onset of symptoms. Even when person is feeling 'fine' at the beginning, its important to start THEN. The earlier, the better.

OP, if you are into Homeopathic remedies, there are some good ones. I understand that not all are comfortable with these methods. Putting iit here incase it can help.
(Remedies are very specific to symptoms)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:34 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I hope this is the worst of it for you and your family. Everyone is different. I began having breathing trouble a few days into it. It usually worsened at night. I then thought I felt a little better one day and suddenly got worse the next day but that was the peak. I was worse for one day and then began improving each day after. I developed a cough towards the end. Everyone in the family had it differently . We all had it at the same time. I had it the worst . I think being anxious of the unknown just made it worse. Live in the moment. Take care of yourself. Drink, drink and drink. And feel better soon!

Thank you. Yes, I am trying to stay calm because I know anxiety will make everything harder. I just wish there was some kind of marker - like knowing you got to day X without a problem meant all clear.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:35 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
It's important to know the protocol with onset of symptoms. Even when person is feeling 'fine' at the beginning, its important to start THEN. The earlier, the better.

OP, if you are into Homeopathic remedies, there are some good ones. I understand that not all are comfortable with these methods. Putting iit here incase it can help.
(Remedies are very specific to symptoms)

Very into homeopathic and natural remedies. What would you suggest? Perhaps there is something I can add to what we're already taking.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Been doing all of that and B"H feeling a little better already but exhausted.

BH, keep resting. Even once pretty much recovered. Can take time to regain stregth. Magnesium is another helpful supplement I forgot to mention before.
From what I hear from others who have had Covid, it seems that only those with underlying conditions (myself included) had respitory issues. I also didnt know right away what to do for it or that it was Covid because it happened before the lockdowns, one day post Purim.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very into homeopathic and natural remedies. What would you suggest? Perhaps there is something I can add to what we're already taking.

Great. Which ones are you taking already? Which symptomss are you experiencing overall?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:38 am
Usually it starts to get bad after a few days if it doesn't get better. Take care of yourself make sure you are hydrated and take vitamins. Get an atibody infusion ( whatever it's called) if you start feeling sicker. If you are coughing or trouble breathing (even a little) get antibiotics and hydrochloride. Hopefully this passes quickly.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:40 am
OP, if any in your family are high risk I am told that the monoclonal antibody treatment is very effective, but ONLY if taken early on. I understand that Bikur Cholim of Lakewood is very helpful in this area, even if you don't live here, I am sure they can still help you out.

Another treatment that I have been told works if taken early on is ivermectin and certain vitamins. I understand that ivermectin is sold over the counter, but please check with your medical practitioner before taking.

Refuah Sheleima!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:41 am
I just want to remind everyone that people got sick before corona too. I was sick last week, and I was sure it's corona. I had most of the symptoms, I went to the Dr, he took a test, both the rapid and the overnight, and it was negative... We have become so one track minded. So, before you make up your mind that it is corona. Please take a test.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Great. Which ones are you taking already? Which symptomss are you experiencing overall?

Vitamin C
D with K
Zinc
Quercetin
Probiotic
magnesium
Liposomal Glutathione
Boswella
colloidal silver
Freshly brewed rosemary and oregano tea
Manuka honey and lemon juice in hot water
hydrogen peroxide solution in nebulizer
And some immune boosting essential oils

southernbubby

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:02 am
What's the pulse oximeter showing?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:07 am
OP, when I and my teenage siblings got covid, we got over the fever in three days, and the taste/smell in a week. When my father had Covid he also got pneumonia on top of that, so it took him longer to recover. IyH you will not have any breathing issues! Refuah sheleimah

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Vitamin C
D with K
Zinc
Quercetin
Probiotic
magnesium
Liposomal Glutathione
Boswella
colloidal silver
Freshly brewed rosemary and oregano tea
Manuka honey and lemon juice in hot water
hydrogen peroxide solution in nebulizer
And some immune boosting essential oils

Wow intense.
Im familiar with all these, not with them combined so no comment there for this reason.

Re Homeopathic, if you are struggling with any particular symptom, report back here if you want and I can try to help with remedy or refer you to a Homeopath.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:21 am
southernbubby wrote:
What's the pulse oximeter showing?

Refuah shleima! We got it just over a year ago before there were any options, and when pulse oxes weren't available. No tips but I'll share my experiences which I think could be encouraging, since I think I got the toughest case in the family.
There were a few days I probably should have got supplemental oxygen but no pulse ox so I barrelled through. (Dumb.) My fever stopped at 12 days. I was functioning somewhat before. It took a while till my cough cleared up enough to be comfortable going anywhere even when I technically could. A friend told me should had gum and water bottles with her all the time to avoid problems.
BH I got my full strength back within about 3 months. Really, I was able to fully function much earlier except for doing stairs.

fiji

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:23 am
I had respiratory issues starting from about day 6 or 7 after onset of symptoms until about day 10. Thank God it wasn’t severe but as an asthmatic I had a rough time and my oxygen was at 94 so just above the threshold where I would call for help. BH my husband didn’t have any respiratory issues.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics