Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Moving for husband's learning- mesiras nefesh?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:48 am
We are moving somewhere that I don't really want to because it better for my husband's learning. Does that count as me giving up for Torah? What is the Torah/inspirational perspective on this?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:55 am
Yes, yes it does.
But to be honest, I think your husband’s learning is one piece of the puzzle, not the whole picture. Other factors might include Parnass, family, chinuch of children, and so so many more. Things need to be weighed out and see where you have the best balance.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:55 am
Yes, that is exactly what it is. You are sacrificing your own desires in order to move to a place where your husband will be able to learn better.
Maybe you'll be happy there?

Over 20 years ago, we moved to a certain community to join a kollel. I absolutely did not want to go there but didnt object when my husband brought it up, because for whatever reason, I convinced myself that it wasnt going to happen anyway. I figured I can be the supportive wife and pretend that I'm ok with it, and not lose out, because we won't end up going there anyway. That's what I told myself.

Well the joke was on me.

We went and we are still here, 20 years later.
I would never have chosen to come here but it was the best decision for our family and for me personally. I learned to love it and appreciate being here.

So, you never know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational