Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best mop for dirty kitchen floor

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:22 pm
What is the best mop for a kitchen floor that gets really dirty and should be mopped a few times a week but sometimes doesn't and the mess builds up?

sari00

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:23 pm
O cedar mop

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:29 pm
Get a Bissel steam mop.

They are great on dirty floors - even ground in sticky stuff comes up if you leave the mop over it for a few seconds.

There is no need to scrub - no need to rinse and because it is so easy to use, you will probably just pull it out more frequently.

It beats any other mopping system I have used. Swifter wets are easy to use but not that great for really dirty floors. Regular mops seem to leave a residue.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:29 pm
2nd vote for O'Cedar mop. My 13 year old will mop the kitchen floor for me with this one. It works like a water gun - spritz mechanism - and she actually likes doing it, it's "fun".

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:33 pm
Amarante wrote:
Get a Bissel steam mop.

They are great on dirty floors - even ground in sticky stuff comes up if you leave the mop over it for a few seconds.

There is no need to scrub - no need to rinse and because it is so easy to use, you will probably just pull it out more frequently.

It beats any other mopping system I have used. Swifter wets are easy to use but not that great for really dirty floors. Regular mops seem to leave a residue.

does that work for wood floors?

Do you mind posting a link?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 1:49 pm
I keep hearing about steam mops and other steam cleaning systems, like to clean tile in bathrooms, and even ovens, etc...and I've thought of getting something, but don't want to have multiple "systems" and too much accumulated "stuff". I wonder if there's one system that could work for all steaming needs.

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 2:10 pm
You can’t use a steam mop on a wood floor. You don’t use water in a wood floor. The best way to keep wood floors looking good and nit destroying the finish is specific products like those made by Bona. Sweeping and vacuuming is critical because it is the grit that destroys the finish.

I just fit a Bissel steam mop from Amazon. I bought mine several years ago so my specific model isn’t available but it was about $80 and a great addition. And cheaper in he long run, because no cleaning products or expensive swifter type of pads. The pads you use are washable and come in a few styles. One is for heavier duty cleaning.

I don’t understand the different systems you would need for steaming. You use a steam cleaner for everything but wood flooring. It is great on tiles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry