Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Why is this fair?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:15 pm
Why is it that if I pull out of a playgroup/babysitter mid year I need to find a replacement for my slot, but my babysitter/playgroup Morah is allowed to kick out my baby mid year without finding me a replacement babysitter?

It should go both ways.

Oh, and she's kicking her out because she likes to be held too much and doesn't nap long enough.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:20 pm
You don’t usually need to find a replacement for a babysitter. Just for a playgroup Morah.

Usually babysitting is by the hour and people start and stop mid year. We’re you paying by the month? Then I can understand why you’d be upset. But a regular babysitter is allowed to say this isn’t working for them. Any babysitter can say that really, but I’d you paid for the month you’d need to work something out.

I feel for you but I have friends who babysit and babies who don’t nap properly and cry unless they’re held can’t always be cared for when the other babies also have needs . You wouldn’t want your baby in an environment that isn’t right for them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:35 pm
I don't think "fair" is the right word .
The baby sitter didn't quit her job, I'm assuming from your post she's still babysitting. She just decided that your baby is too hard to care for.
Ask her to keep her until you find something else?
Truthfully if your baby is miserable there unless she held, you probably don't want her there either!
So sorry OP, it's a tough situation to be in!!
Is your baby good when she's home? Maybe try to find a newly Wed that can watch her and a few other babies until the end of the year? It's only a couple of months!

groovy1224

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 3:40 pm
I think it DOES go both ways. She certainly has to give you notice...did she give you any warning that it may not be working out?

She SHOULD at the very least continue to care for her until you can find someone else, but its sticky because do you really want your daughter being watched by someone who finds her overly needy?

Such a frustrating situation.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 4:56 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
She SHOULD at the very least continue to care for her until you can find someone else, but its sticky because do you really want your daughter being watched by someone who finds her overly needy?.
That depends on the agreement op has with the babysitter. Lots of babysitters tell you before they start that if the arrangement doesn’t work out, they may ask you to send elsewhere. And what if the babysitter lets op know to look for a new sitter, but op doesn’t find one? This is an arrangement that needs to work for everyone, or it’s just no good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics