Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheital q and sale on irenes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:28 pm
So I got married last year... my sheital macher did such a bad bad job with both my wigs im still repairing them now by someone else (my original SM did the lace fronts so poorly, not enough hair, very stringy etc). My z line which ive barely worn looks so bad. It really makes me so frustrated how I had to spend hundreds of dollars fixing bc the original SM never stood behind her work and told me I complained a lot... (I got my wig 2 days before my chasuna, the lace fronts were sewn in backwards etc.). then I returned them when I got back, and she kept them for 3 months without doing any work to them, never returned my calls etc. was a nightmare. I had to reach out to a gemach to get a wig bc I was walking around in snoods the first few months I was married lol. good times.

I read about a sm on this website and I reached out to her....

shes having a promo now on irenes and she told me that with layers its 510, with longer layers 624, without layers 899 and a cut is 99....

is that a typical price for an irene?

is it dumb to get another sheital now? bc I have the one from the gemach I wear on shabbos, and the 2 I got as a kallah I rly only like one of them....

im not looking for anything complicated, shorter than shoulder length and my color is brown. dont want lace front. too much of a headache.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:37 pm
That sounds insanely cheap unless it's really short. And I assume these are not lace wigs.
For a mid/long wig without lace, and no layers, it's $1800. With lace is arounf 2200.

Make sure it's a reputable seller. Bring an experienced person (aunt? Mom? Sister? Friend?) with you.

Edit: I see you are looking for short. So then it could be those prices make sense, I don't know. Again, make sure to bring someone trustworthy with you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:55 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
That sounds insanely cheap unless it's really short. And I assume these are not lace wigs.
For a mid/long wig without lace, and no layers, it's $1800. With lace is arounf 2200.

Make sure it's a reputable seller. Bring an experienced person (aunt? Mom? Sister? Friend?) with you.

Edit: I see you are looking for short. So then it could be those prices make sense, I don't know. Again, make sure to bring someone trustworthy with you.

I dont have anyone to bring my mother x cover her hair...

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont have anyone to bring my mother x cover her hair...

I had a similar problem and ended up with bad wigs too, so I feel you.

Any friends? Mentors? Siblings in law?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:58 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I had a similar problem and ended up with bad wigs too, so I feel you.

Any friends? Mentors? Siblings in law?

lol u get me then

mentors no... e/o has their own lives they dont have time nor would I want to ask s/o to come with me its awkward to ask for favors
siblings in law all in israel we have no one here.

me myself and I lol

have u heard good things about irene?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:58 pm
Please don't go to a sale now - I know it sounds tempting but since you've had a bad experience before please use someone you've heard really great reviews about, not just because they're cheap. Many SMs even if they are good will not stand behind a sale wig - and that's the opposite of what you need right now.

I've learnt this lesson the hard way...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Please don't go to a sale now - I know it sounds tempting but since you've had a bad experience before please use someone you've heard really great reviews about, not just because they're cheap. Many SMs even if they are good will not stand behind a sale wig - and that's the opposite of what you need right now.

I've learnt this lesson the hard way...

I heard gr8 things about Chaya Heiligman
also what is the diff between a sale and promo? is something defective with the wigs and thats why theyre on sale?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
lol u get me then

mentors no... e/o has their own lives they dont have time nor would I want to ask s/o to come with me its awkward to ask for favors
siblings in law all in israel we have no one here.

me myself and I lol

have u heard good things about irene?

Do you live in Lakewood by any chance?

I currently have two irenes and I'm very happy with them. They hold a style and look very nice! They aren't top of the line but they work perfectly for me and my lifestyle. I brush them out and tease the hair a bit so it looks smooth and natural and fresh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:06 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

I currently have two irenes and I'm very happy with them. They hold a style and look very nice! They aren't top of the line but they work perfectly for me and my lifestyle. I brush them out and tease the hair a bit so it looks smooth and natural and fresh.

nope NY
ive read such mixed things about them
I dont want anything crazy fancy bc the two I got as a kallah are nice quality (or supposedly theyre supposed to be...) just looking for a nice everyday simple wig I can wear with a full bang

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I heard gr8 things about Chaya Heiligman
also what is the diff between a sale and promo? is something defective with the wigs and thats why theyre on sale?

Usually sale wigs are last season (not always! You can ask) but if they are not than the SM is making less money on it, so they won't be willing to invest so much time on it.
You want the SM to wash the wig once before you buy it and let it air dry so you can see the real hair. Most are not willing to do that for you if it's bought at a sale.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:15 pm
Usually sale wigs are last season (not always! You can ask) but if they are not than the SM is making less money on it, so they won't be willing to invest so much time on it.
You want the SM to wash the wig once before you buy it and let it air dry so you can see the real hair. Most are not willing to do that for you if it's bought at a sale.

wow good to know. do u think thats an appropriate q for me to ask her ? (to wash it beforehand).

I really like when wigs hold a curl. my rx doesnt hold it so well

and what does it mean by a wig being last season?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
wow good to know. do u think thats an appropriate q for me to ask her ? (to wash it beforehand).

I really like when wigs hold a curl. my rx doesnt hold it so well

and what does it mean by a wig being last season?

You can try to ask... But again from my experience they won't let you do it during a sale.

Last season is usually an older style - for example when blunt wigs were the latest rage, the very layered peices went on sale. Now that super flat is in style - most likely the thicker, top-heavy wigs are on sale. Not necessarily a bad thing if you don't want an updated style.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:27 pm
If it air dries with a wave, most likely it will hold a curl. If it air dries straight/stringy probably it won't hold a wavy style.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:29 pm
If it air dries with a wave, most likely it will hold a curl. If it air dries straight/stringy probably it won't hold a wavy style.

good to know... not sure how ill find that out tho

a/o have expereince with chaya?

or with irenes? I want to hear more about the wig

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
good to know... not sure how ill find that out tho

a/o have expereince with chaya?

or with irenes? I want to hear more about the wig

And another peice of advice just to confuse you... Every single wig is different! Majority of people I know are happy with their Irene's (from an informal poll I took from my friends & family) but you can still get a bad wig (or a lemon)

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:53 pm
I vote for irene from chaya on sale!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 11:57 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I vote for irene from chaya on sale!!

care to explain? or tell me abt ur experience?
I dont rly understand why layers/no layers mkes a price diff

I guess my other q is it dumb to get another wig if I technically have 3

silverlining3

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:14 am
I'm always skeptical about sheitel sales. WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT THAT IT'S ON SALE, SO CHEAP? LOLOL (that's especially when I don't know or use the sheitel macher)

My own sm usually has a small sale, $100-$150. Great experience.

I have a friend who once purchased 2 wigs for $800, each $400, and was very happy. She figured, for $400 she can't lose out. Usually 1 is not even that price.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
care to explain? or tell me abt ur experience?
I dont rly understand why layers/no layers mkes a price diff

I guess my other q is it dumb to get another wig if I technically have 3

It's a matter of styles - current wig styles will sell better than last year's style, which is why it will go on sale. It's not possible to take a wig that already has layers and try to cut it blunt (unless you cut it to a one length that is the shortest layer, which makes a 25 inch wig only worth about as much as a comparable 15 inch wig).
No it's not dumb! If you don't like your wigs and can afford a new one - why not??

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:35 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

Are you able to recommend someone in Lakewood please?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels