Home

Time sensitive! Do I need to turn on my zoom video?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:51 am
I have a meeting with one person who needs to show me something work related (but they don't need to see me). Is it strange not to turn on my video?

Shuly

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:53 am
If they send a link for screen share only, no. If they send a regular link, you should turn it on.

amother

Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a meeting with one person who needs to show me something work related (but they don't need to see me). Is it strange not to turn on my video?

I think it's ok. Definitely better than what I've done once when I had a similar situation.
Before turning on my video, I stuck on a piece of laminating paper on the eye, so it was so blurry..

Teomima

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:47 am
If it's just one person, I think it's a little awkward to not have the screen on. It's like a face to face meeting with someone who refused to look at you.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:25 am
I think its rude to be in a meeting and not have your camera on at all. Unless its a lecture. Especially with only one other person.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette