Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Butler pantry/ washing station in dining room or not

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:05 am
I’ve seen both

My option would be to have it off the dining room but enter in the kitchen. Does that defeat the purpose. I like the convenience of it in the dining room but I feel like it’s too cluttered and doesn’t look so elegant in their. Unless theirs a way that it’s done beautifully ...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:09 am
I've seen beautiful washing stations in dining rooms. My sister has one - it looks like a buffet with a big wash bowl on top - very elegant and modern.

I would love to do this one day in my dining room. There are Halachic benefits to washing in the place of the Seuda and not in a different room. My DH would love it.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:13 pm
Washing in the dining room is a game changer. I hate it when people come into the kitchen to wash. We built one that is very neat and matches the decor of the dinning room.

zaq

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My option would be to have it off the dining room but enter in the kitchen. Does that defeat the purpose. .

Yes, though it depends on what your purpose is.
If it's off the dining room, why do people have to go through the kitchen? Do you mean that the space is a corridor between the two rooms and you would direct people to enter from the kitchen and proceed to the dining room so you have one-way traffic and people on the way out don't have to squeeze past people on the way in? That should work.

If your objective is to keep people out of the kitchen, then obviously this plan defeats that purpose. If your objective is to speed up the washing process, you would have to either install more than one washing sink or allow people to use both the washing sink and the kitchen sink.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:07 pm
Thx all! I’m so Indecisive here as u can see !

Any interior designer can chime in? I want a washing station minus a butler pantry/ build in furniture for silver with it. Is it possible. I like uncluttered yet sleek and modern

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:14 pm
I dont like the look of a sink in a dining room. I'm making a powder room with a sink outside, so it can be used for washing for the meal instead of going to the kitchen.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:32 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I dont like the look of a sink in a dining room. I'm making a powder room with a sink outside, so it can be used for washing for the meal instead of going to the kitchen.

I hear u! My problem is right outside the dining is the dinette which leads right to the kitchen. I feel stumped ....

SingALong

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:59 pm
Growing up my mother had it in a corner inside a cabinet with frosted doors. We only opened the doors to wash. Otherwise it remained closed. It was very neat looking

I actually put one in my dining room as part of the buffet. My designer made it into a beautiful focal point of interest. With an interesting faucet and shelves on top for decor
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics