Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I have a mouse in my house

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:03 am
I have a mouse in my house. I know because he was in my pantry and there are holes in the bags and droppings there.

Yes, I called an exterminator but please let me know the following:

1. I live in a multifamily building - do I need to call my neighbors?
2. My kids left the porch door open and I assume that is how he got in, but I don't live on the first floor - is this possible?
3. Do I need to throw out anything it touched? I see he crawled into all of my drawyers even where there is no food and there are droppings there so I can wash everything, but is that safe? Do I need to buy more forks and knives pots and pans etc?
4. I already cleaned everything and sprayed detergents everywhere - is there anything else I need to do? UGHHHHH

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:05 am
I have news for you. You don’t have a mouse. You have mice. It will take a while to get rid of them. You have to start with putting out traps.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
3. Do I need to throw out anything it touched? I see he crawled into all of my drawyers even where there is no food and there are droppings there so I can wash everything, but is that safe? Do I need to buy more forks and knives pots and pans etc?

No, washing it is perfectly fine.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:07 am
If you wash things they are perfectly safe to use. If you put them in the dishwasher they are even sterile.

A mouse could have got in the front door, the porch door, or some cranny in the walls of the building. The exterminator should be able to help you identify entry routes and block them.

deb2016

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:12 am
Put a picture of r shayala kerestir in your house

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I have news for you. You don’t have a mouse. You have mice. It will take a while to get rid of them. You have to start with putting out traps.

No the exterminator that was here said it is one mouse.
He said he could tell from the droppings.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:54 am
The Gemara says the mice are Reshuim for calling friends. so yes you must have or will have more if not taken care of quick and with profesion.
They get in from the smallest holes so you never can really pin point where it comes from

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:27 pm
Please tell your neighbors!
Buy electric mouse traps, they’re on the pricy side ($28 on Amazon) but literally work the best. We used gloves, put cat food inside, and within 24 hours caught all the mice.
This was after weeks of exterminators and other traps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics