Home

Summer sneakers for teen
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:45 am
DD14 wants what is "in" but doesn't always like what is in. She hates sock shoes and does not want laces AND they need to be good for camp. I am at a loss, any ideas? links would be helpful (amazon....) TIA
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:55 am
Go on a Jewish shoe store website. Let her choose something she likes. Anything on the website will be reasonably in style. If you don't want to spend that amount of money, choose one you like and then try to find it on Amazon or secular websites.
https://stepinelegance.com/
https://shoepalacenj.com
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 10:59 am
Interesting... I think part of the problem is that I am not a good shopper and we are oot so we can't just go to the store. She will be in camp with "in town" girls and wants to have what they have. Thanks for the help
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DD14 wants what is "in" but doesn't always like what is in. She hates sock shoes and does not want laces AND they need to be good for camp. I am at a loss, any ideas? links would be helpful (amazon....) TIA

Sounds like she is developing a mind of her own.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:19 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Go on a Jewish shoe store website. Let her choose something she likes. Anything on the website will be reasonably in style. If you don't want to spend that amount of money, choose one you like and then try to find it on Amazon or secular websites.
https://stepinelegance.com/
https://shoepalacenj.com


I am trying exactly what you said. I have to order from amazon or something like that since I need to be able to try a bunch of shoes with easy return. But as I said, I am a horrible shopper. can keds or toms slip ons work...or am I totally off?
If you can post amazon links of what can work, that would be the best starting point for us.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:20 am
DrMom wrote:
Sounds like she is developing a mind of her own.


yes....but still wants to fit in.......
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am trying exactly what you said. I have to order from amazon or something like that since I need to be able to try a bunch of shoes with easy return. But as I said, I am a horrible shopper. can keds or toms slip ons work...or am I totally off?
If you can post amazon links of what can work, that would be the best starting point for us.

Link a shoe she liked on one of those sites and then I can try to find a cheaper alternative. Is there a reason you can't order straight from the website? I don't remember if these sites ship or not.
Back to top

amother




Pumpkin
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:40 am
I'm not sure what type of sneakers she is looking for, but sock sneakers are still popular as an everyday shoe. The frum brands have more details on the shoe, but if you put sock sneakers into amazon search, you will find plenty of options.

'In towners" are not really wearing toms anymore.
hatzlocha
Back to top

ice coffee




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:42 am
Vejas are what the intowners are wearing. Quite expensive though. Zappos has
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:06 pm
I looked up vejas. That is expensive! for camp kids go with such expensive shoes? also, she doesn't like laces or sock shoes. she really liked toms when they were in....
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:07 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Link a shoe she liked on one of those sites and then I can try to find a cheaper alternative. Is there a reason you can't order straight from the website? I don't remember if these sites ship or not.


she isn't home yet. I was trying to do this on my own to show her a few options to kind of make the choice easier for her....
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DD14 wants what is "in" but doesn't always like what is in. She hates sock shoes and does not want laces AND they need to be good for camp. I am at a loss, any ideas? links would be helpful (amazon....) TIA

What size?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 1:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What size?


7
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
7

You can PM me for the link of the sneakers I bought for my dd in that size.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 2:37 pm
Toms are really out. Any white laces sneaker would be ok. If you don’t want to spend on Vejas you can do a cheaper option like adidas
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can PM me for the link of the sneakers I bought for my dd in that size.


thanks. can you post it or something similar here?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Toms are really out. Any white laces sneaker would be ok. If you don’t want to spend on Vejas you can do a cheaper option like adidas


Got it....anything "in" like that without laces?
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Got it....anything "in" like that without laces?


Yes. Vans (they make a cool slip on)
Back to top

amother




Cobalt
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 5:17 pm
https://www.vans.com/shop/slip.....ero=1
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:12 pm
Vans....great...that's where we will start. They look similar to the keds, but probably a trendier brand. any color or just white?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Which Summer Camp(s) did you attend?
by amother
165 Today at 8:44 pm View last post
Temporary Rental in Israel for summer?
by amother
2 Today at 3:19 pm View last post
Where can I buy teen swim dress/cover-up?
by amother
2 Today at 8:54 am View last post
Any courses for teens this summer? (Brooklyn)
by amother
17 Yesterday at 2:05 pm View last post
Summer camp - what age starts free?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 1:17 pm View last post