Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Make $$ on Fiverr?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:46 pm
Does any Ima have experience with Fiverr? Any success making money there? I can edit and have a lot of experience editing college papers professionally, editing books too.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:48 pm
Fiverr is where I do the bulk of my parnassah writing and coaching. It can generate serious income if you have the time to devote to it. I'm hoping to get to that point once my kids are all in school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 7:55 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Fiverr is where I do the bulk of my parnassah writing and coaching. It can generate serious income if you have the time to devote to it. I'm hoping to get to that point once my kids are all in school.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Are you comfortable sharing how you were able to get started? I see online people say that the only way to get sales is to have reviews - but you can't get reviews without sales...

It seems like there's a lot of competition. Any tips for someone thinking of starting out?

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, that sounds amazing. Are you comfortable sharing how you were able to get started? I see online people say that the only way to get sales is to have reviews - but you can't get reviews without sales...

It seems like there's a lot of competition. Any tips for someone thinking of starting out?

Definitely starts slow. I got my first order a few weeks after setting up shop. Reviews are CRITICAL on Fiverr. So is staying on top of response times and delivery deadlines. Once you hit level 2, you get a lot more visibility on the site (you need to complete 100 orders, earn $2,000, keep at least a 4.7 star rating, and a few other requirements). It's a snowball effect. The more successful you are, the more successful you're likely to keep being.

I dropped from level 2 to level 1 over last days of Pesach because I forgot to pause my account and I dropped in my response rate. I'll hopefully get it back next month.

To get your first few orders, you could check out the user requests area of the site and make offers. Getting those first few orders can be hard, but if you're good at what you do, word spreads. Especially if you have a unique niche. My main niche is professionally rewriting children's books. I also coach people through the self-publishing process, provide writing coaching and critique, etc. You can also end up with repeat, loyal clients.

I started off with low pricing and gradually raised my rates as more orders came in. Make sure to set order limits when that happens so that you don't end up with order fulfillment issues. DO NOT MISS DEADLINES! If you're going to be away from your computer longer than 24 hours, pause your account (set it to "out of office") so you don't end up like I did over Pesach. :-/

Keep in mind, Fiverr takes 20% of your earnings as their commission, including tips. It's worth it to me not to have access to a larger pool of clients and not have to chase anyone for payment (payment is held in a sort of escrow during the order). I consider it like paying for the overhead. My private site is able to stay simpler and it works for me.

Good luck!!

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 9:37 pm
It's probably also worth researching Upwork.

I personally prefer hiring there, I think it has a more professional reputation.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Apr 21 2021, 11:16 pm
There are lots of freelancing sites, each with pros and cons. One reason I went with Fiverr is because it has less red tape, no exclusivity clauses at all (you just have to conduct Fiverr business through Fiverr, obviously. They don't want you running off with their commission). It's worth doing your due diligence before signing up for one (or more) sites.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Mar 31 2022, 10:39 pm
This is really good info. Anyone else has started since this was first posted and can tell me about their experience? Thanks!

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 4:04 pm
Does anyone use Fiverr, Upwork or a different platform to get bookkeeping/accounting freelancing work?

Redbird

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 4:36 pm
I hire a lot on Upwork and Fiverr. Generally Fiverr is where I go for the "cheap" work, and when I need more skilled work I go to Upwork. Upwork markets themselves as professional, while Fiverr markets themselves as cheap. Even their names imply that.

I'm just saying my guess would be that there's more money to be made on Upwork. I could be wrong.

With either platform, you probably have to start off at a really low rate and hope to build up a good reputation and presence. On Upwork you can apply for jobs so it may be easier to get your foot in the door with getting hired.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 4:41 pm
I hire through upwork and really like it. They have a great platform, very user friendly, good policies, but I don’t know anything about the freelancers’ end.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 11:32 pm
Follow Alexfasulobiz on tiktok. She makes $5000 + per month from Fiverr (and she has other streams of income as well) and has assistants helping her. She's really young and inspiring.

Me, I've NEVER used fiverr but I might someday. For now I enjoy watching her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics