Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Greys Anatomy & Station 19
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 3:44 pm
I have been watching Grey's Anatomy for as long as I can remember, and Station 19 since the beginning. Maybe I never noticed it or maybe it is a new thing based on whats going on in the world, but I am starting to get turned off at the way they are constantly pushing the leftist, Covid, & BLM agenda in your face. Yes I know Hollywood is now the mouth piece for the woke left and democratic party, but the whole reason why we watch TV is to distract us from real life, and from what I can recall Grey's Anatomy never used to align its episodes with current events. There are other shows that when they resumed after lockdown had one or two episodes about covid and then went back to normal, that imho is the way to go, but to constantly shove it in your face, it just really irks me. And yes I have a choice to not watch it, so I don't need you to tell me that. I just have watched this show for years so it makes me sad.

I hope I don't sound too aggressive, that was not my intention, I am just annoyed is all.

Just curious if its not only me....

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 3:51 pm
Never watched station 19, but I’ve been a fan of greys for years. Was disturbed by last wks episode. Was very left leaning and bothered me. Also, found the last episode of all rise ( cops beat up a black former cop because he now works as a lawyer and is investigating cop brutality ...) very bothersome as well.
I like to watch for entertainment not for left wing political brainwashing .

Nope. You’re not alone.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:05 pm
Every show that I’m currently watching is doing that!

Station 19
New Amsterdam
One Chicago
The Good Doctor

Off topic , I haven’t watched Greys Anatomy but want to start. I don’t want to start from Season 1 because I hate old shows. What season do you recommend I start from (and I’ll still be able to follow along)

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:07 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Every show that I’m currently watching is doing that!

Station 19
New Amsterdam
One Chicago
The Good Doctor

Off topic , I haven’t watched Greys Anatomy but want to start. I don’t want to start from Season 1 because I hate old shows. What season do you recommend I start from (and I’ll still be able to follow along)

please do us both a favor and start from the beginning. grey's is the best show in the universe and why should you miss out?
that being said I'm not up to date so I'll probably be upset when I watch the left-sided episodes.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been watching Grey's Anatomy for as long as I can remember, and Station 19 since the beginning. Maybe I never noticed it or maybe it is a new thing based on whats going on in the world, but I am starting to get turned off at the way they are constantly pushing the leftist, Covid, & BLM agenda in your face. Yes I know Hollywood is now the mouth piece for the woke left and democratic party, but the whole reason why we watch TV is to distract us from real life, and from what I can recall Grey's Anatomy never used to align its episodes with current events. There are other shows that when they resumed after lockdown had one or two episodes about covid and then went back to normal, that imho is the way to go, but to constantly shove it in your face, it just really irks me. And yes I have a choice to not watch it, so I don't need you to tell me that. I just have watched this show for years so it makes me sad.

I hope I don't sound too aggressive, that was not my intention, I am just annoyed is all.

Just curious if its not only me....

Grey's doesn't lean left?

Christina had a tubal pregnancy when she wasn't married, and she got pregnant by a black man. Then, she had an abortion while she was married to Owen.

April got pregnant out of wedlock, and when the baby wasn't compatible with life she terminated it.

Teddy helped a dying patient legally commit suicide with physician assisted suicide.

Callie and Arizona were married lesbians raising a child conceived out of wedlock.

Izzy was a s-xy lingerie model, that's how she paid for medical school.

Everyone sleeps with everyone, including April who was very Christian.

This is just off the top of my head.

fmt4

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Grey's doesn't lean left?

Christina had a tubal pregnancy when she wasn't married, and she got pregnant by a black man. Then, she had an abortion while she was married to Owen.

April got pregnant out of wedlock, and when the baby wasn't compatible with life she terminated it.

Teddy helped a dying patient legally commit suicide with physician assisted suicide.

Callie and Arizona were married lesbians raising a child conceived out of wedlock.

Izzy was a s-xy lingerie model, that's how she paid for medical school.

Everyone sleeps with everyone, including April who was very Christian.

This is just off the top of my head.

Lol, it’s left leaning to get pregnant by a black man???

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:19 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Lol, it’s left leaning to get pregnant by a black man???

And they weren't married. And on this site, I would think so.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
please do us both a favor and start from the beginning. grey's is the best show in the universe and why should you miss out?
that being said I'm not up to date so I'll probably be upset when I watch the left-sided episodes.

This. If you want to start watching the show, start from the beginning!! You're gonna miss too many details of the story if you start in the middle. I liked the beginning way better than how it's now.

Teomima

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:23 pm
Personally I love it that they're addressing these issues. There's no agenda; Grey's Anatomy is a medical show and Covid-19 is the worst pandemic in a century. As for BLM, it's a terrifying time to be black in America and much of the cast, not to mention the show's creater, are African American and I respect them wanting to share their concerns and experiences.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Never watched station 19, but I’ve been a fan of greys for years. Was disturbed by last wks episode. Was very left leaning and bothered me.
I like to watch for entertainment not for left wing political brainwashing .

Nope. You’re not alone.

YES! YES! YES! glad to know I wasn't the only one.

blueberry6

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:31 pm
You're not the only one at all!!! I feel the exact same way!
I've been complaining to my husband that I don't actually know why I'm watching this season - I literally feel like there's no storyline, just a bunch of leftist liberal propaganda. I think I'm just watching it cuz I feel like I have to Wink don't want to miss anything important after all! But it's such a letdown, considering how great the early seasons were

blueberry6

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:33 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
This. If you want to start watching the show, start from the beginning!! You're gonna miss too many details of the story if you start in the middle. I liked the beginning way better than how it's now.

Another vote for starting at the beginning - I happen not to love old shows either but somehow Grey's doesn't feel like an old show, I dunno how to explain it. Plus it's awesome - the earlier seasons, anyway

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:33 pm
blueberry6 wrote:
You're not the only one at all!!! I feel the exact same way!
I've been complaining to my husband that I don't actually know why I'm watching this season - I literally feel like there's no storyline, just a bunch of leftist liberal propaganda. I think I'm just watching it cuz I feel like I have to Wink don't want to miss anything important after all! But it's such a letdown, considering how great the early seasons were

The early seasons, where they all had premarital relations and drank to excess?

blueberry6

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:42 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
The early seasons, where they all had premarital relations and drank to excess?

Yup, those LOL
Come on, they still do that now also! It just doesn't focus on it as much
Not that I condone premarital relations or drinking to excess, but that's part of what made it interesting. And it's not like you're going to find many other shows out there are exactly moral either, tbh

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

I started watching the first season and hated it because it was old fashioned lol . I just wasn’t able to get into it . I figured if I start at a later season I might like it.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:49 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I started watching the first season and hated it because it was old fashioned lol . I just wasn’t able to get into it . I figured if I start at a later season I might like it.

what about it was old-fashioned? The clothes?

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:49 pm
blueberry6 wrote:
Yup, those LOL
Come on, they still do that now also! It just doesn't focus on it as much
Not that I condone premarital relations or drinking to excess, but that's part of what made it interesting. And it's not like you're going to find many other shows out there are exactly moral either, tbh

Never said I had a problem with what's going on with this show, or any show. Find it curious that religious women are complaining about the covid pandemic on a medicai show, and saying that a 100-year plague is left leaning, when the entire premise of the show has been left-leaving since the very first episode, where Meredith picked up Derek at a bar, drunk, and brought him back to her hous and had se*x with him on the floor without even knowing his name.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:50 pm
I was literally telling this to DH the other week: Why is every show I watch talking about Covid? I watch to get away from things. Instead I see it on
A Million Little Things
Law and Order: SVU
Blackish
Station 19

Can't they shoot the episodes without masks and covid-related references?

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:54 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I was literally telling this to DH the other week: Why is every show I watch talking about Covid? I watch to get away from things. Instead I see it on
A Million Little Things
Law and Order: SVU
Blackish
Station 19

Can't they shoot the episodes without masks and covid-related references?

Did you ever think it might be because the rest of the world is taking this pandemic pretty seriously?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 22 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Never said I had a problem with what's going on with this show, or any show. Find it curious that religious women are complaining about the covid pandemic on a medicai show, and saying that a 100-year plague is left leaning, when the entire premise of the show has been left-leaving since the very first episode, where Meredith picked up Derek at a bar, drunk, and brought him back to her hous and had se*x with him on the floor without even knowing his name.

the things you are describing as left leaning are things that have been part of secularism and non jewish life for decades. thats not what I mean by left leaning, there are newer issues that are based off of their agendas, and with regards to complaining about covid on medical shows, yes I understand its a medical show, but they way they promote the agressiveness of mask wearing and the negative portrayal of those who don't believe in it, thats what bothers me.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics