Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
CH child friendly megillah reading
1  2  3  Next

queenyemk

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:24 pm
Where can I find a child friendly megillah reading in Crown Heights on Purim??

I don't want to go to a place that will be SHOOSHING my dd if she makes a noise. I will not handle it. You don't think I can't hear her making noise?!?!?! Rolling Eyes

If this is not possible, where do they do a 2 reading in a row, so DH can take her when I am listening?

Please any ideas other ideas of how to do this will be really helpful!

YALT

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:30 am
I have a friend who wants to lein for us in our house, if we can find a megilla.
So if you can find a megilla, then you're invited to my house.
Children & adults WILL be there.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:33 am
How about GR's house! Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:20 am
queenyemk wrote:
Where can I find a child friendly megillah reading in Crown Heights on Purim??

I don't want to go to a place that will be SHOOSHING my dd if she makes a noise. I will not handle it. You don't think I can't hear her making noise?!?!?! Rolling Eyes

Why don't you hear one time and your husband another, so you can trade off with your kids? Is your daughter the age of chinuch? If sh'es not going to be quiet, why is she there?

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:23 am
When I had babies who couldn't keep quiet, they didn't go. DH took the others & I went to another reading for women. 1 year I went to 935 EP. Also, Baumgartens shul usually has a reading for women.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:39 am
Your husband should ask at the shul he usually davens at, if they will having a second meggilah. There is no shul that would be fine with people having noisy kids. Everyone wants to be able to hear it. If you have doubts that your child will make noise then don't bring her with you. Just plan to trade off with your husband. Another point to remember is that while many kids will be quiet during the reading, they get scared when they boo hamen and make noise with the gragers.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 11:42 am
I think all shuls - and chabad houses -are gonna have kids. you want quiet, you go to a private reading, or a later reading.

or, an Adult reading.

does anyone want to make a post about times and places?

Hannah!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:07 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 4:16 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I think all shuls - and chabad houses -are gonna have kids. you want quiet, you go to a private reading, or a later reading.

or, an Adult reading.

does anyone want to make a post about times and places?

Let me rephrase.

In CH, I think all shuls - and chabad houses -are gonna have kids. you want quiet, you go to a private reading, or a later reading.

or, an Adult reading.

So again - does anyone want to make a post about times and places?

queenyemk

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 5:04 pm
It looks like everyone read the first 2 lines and not the rest.

I asked for a place where they do 2 READINGS IN A ROW so my husband can hear than I can.

Or, is there a place that does a later readings after 770 has finished that I could go to.

YALT thanks for the invite - don't know anyone with a megillah. Thanks for the offer.

I don't have any family in Crown Heights to pawn my kids off to so that I can insure that all the other members of the shul can hear their megillah in complete and utter silence.

So please pass on the judgements of others situations and just post times and place of readings so that ankle biters can be prevented from getting in your way.

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 5:07 pm
queeny, if it helps you can join us with your kids. Do you not want to bring the kids?

queenyemk

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 5:13 pm
I have to bring the kids. I don't want them to be excluded. We have a DD who is almost 3 and a 5 week old - who I know will need to nurse midway!
I just know that something will happen. I will have to leave and then bam - where on earth do I go??

Does Machon Chana Dorm do the reading after 770 still??

Where abouts are you??

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 5:16 pm
We're reading at my house, kids invited. I'm still figuring out exactly what times by night and by day. PM me if you want to come.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 7:30 pm
Queen, why are you brining kids that you know will make noise? How is that fair to anyone else?

GR, do you have a (separate) playroom for those kkids?

Hannah!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 7:54 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 7:56 pm
GR needs to have the kids in a separate room, if they need babysitting. It's completely inappropriate to bring them otherwise.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
GR needs to have the kids in a separate room, if they need babysitting. It's completely inappropriate to bring them otherwise.

I think she wrote in another thread that her husband is the one leining and he would stop if the children make noise or repeat if needed. I am sure her husband will have already heard megillah by this time. GR is having her husband lein for her so that her children also hear the megillah read.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:05 pm
She said that, but Queen also said that she's not going to pup up with her kids getting shushed.

I'm gonna either hear in the Chabad house near my office or at shul, then. At least I have a chance of hearing there....

gryp

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:42 pm
Once again: Kids are welcome.

My kids are not missing megillah! Unless they fall asleep.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:48 pm
GR wrote:
Once again: Kids are welcome.

My kids are not missing megillah! Unless they fall asleep.

You need your priorities straight.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics