Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you were careful did you still get covid?
1  2  3  Next

If you were careful did you still get covid?
Yes, I was very careful and still got covid  
 12%  [ 21 ]
I was my mostly careful and got covid  
 17%  [ 30 ]
I was very careful and avoided covid  
 32%  [ 55 ]
I was mostly careful and avoided covid  
 31%  [ 53 ]
I was careful, not sure if I had covid  
 2%  [ 5 ]
I was careful, other  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 167

HakarasHatov

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:21 pm
If you took precautions, sd, wore masks, etc. did you still het covid or were you able to avoid it?

I don't know how to edit the poll options but Lets say “very” careful instead of “100%”

Last edited by HakarasHatov on Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

mha3484

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:27 pm
I was moderately cautious and I did not get covid.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:35 pm
yes.
I was extremely careful.
I got covid.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:37 pm
I voted that I didn't get Covid and was 100% careful. Truly 100% careful is impossible, but I was probably as close as humanly possible - Absolutely zero indoor visits, I work from home, no stores or simchos, kids home from school and only outdoor playdates, dh works masked in a separate area and davens in outdoor minyan.

BH fully vaccinated so we've eased off slightly.

Protecting a VERY high risk family member.

paperflowers

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:38 pm
I was moderately cared and did not get covid. Many other people who were as careful as I was did get covid.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:47 pm
I voted that I was mostly careful but maybe I was 100% careful, I guess it depends on your definition of careful. From March thru June I never left home without a mask and did not get together with anyone outside my immediate family. From June till I got vaccinated I continued to mask every single time I left home and double masked at work because many of my colleagues did not mask. I only socialized outdoors with masked friends. Masking works because my husband and kids were similarly careful and we did not get Covid and we did not spread Covid.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 10:53 pm
If people are only answering based on how careful they were personally, without accounting for how careful all the other members of their household were, then the answers don't tell us a lot about their likely covid exposure.

If someone sat at home literally 100% since March 2020, but her DH went to a different unmasked simcha every week, then she could truthfully respond that she was "careful 100%," but there would be nothing surprising about her getting COVID.

HakarasHatov

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:17 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
yes.
I was extremely careful.
I got covid.

Would you share how you think you got covid?

For example I have a neighbor that was very careful, but slipped and went into a neighbors house for a few minutes (no one knew the husband had covid), and that is how they got ht it.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:22 pm
HakarasHatov wrote:
Would you share how you think you got covid?

For example I have a neighbor that was very careful, but slipped and went into a neighbors house for a few minutes (no one knew the husband had covid), and that is how they got ht it.

I didnt answer the poll, but I was extremely careful, and eventually allowed my child to see their grandparents and by extension, we saw them as well. Grandparents weren't careful and went to a superspreader event and we all got it.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:23 pm
Very very careful (individually and as a family) and BH avoided covid so far. DH and I are both waiting for our second doses.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:25 pm
Not careful
No covid

wiki

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:26 pm
I took the masking rules seriously and so did my husband, except for a very small number of instances of cheating with small groups over the course of the year (and usually we justified these by testing at some point in the days before). We also let one child sometimes socialize, masked, in one house where masks were not worn (and this house did get covid late this winter). We went back to work in September, including riding public transit, but were careful about masks.

We did not get Covid, BH.

imasinger

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:30 pm
Everyone seems to have a different definition of what careful means.

I and my immediate household have basically worn masks whenever out of my house or car, but have spent a week or more with family who were less careful, a couple of times over the last year. Followed each visit with appropriate testing.

I had a couple of days of headache and cold symptoms back last year, but haven't tested for antibodies, and don't know if I had it. B"H, everyone in our house over 16 vaccinated now, and we have begun inviting a few Shabbos guests unmasked.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:35 pm
We have been very careful with the sole exception of sending our children to school. The bigger kids wear masks and are in schools where precautions are followed. Our youngest is in a 2 year old playgroup where only the morahs wear masks and now he's in quarantine because one of his classmates tested positive for covid. DH and I are already vaccinated so we're not as concerned for ourselves but we are somewhat worried about our kids all getting it at this point.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Apr 24 2021, 11:52 pm
We got it before anyone knew to be careful (last Purim) but have been careful since and didn't get it a second time. Only one Family member with 1 quarantine since then too.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:02 am
Not careful at all. Never got covid. Vaccinated recently. My parents and in laws who were all very careful did get covid.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:14 am
I was reasonably careful- not over the top careful- and did not get covid.

I do not believe in children wearing masks or distance learning. The risks of the negative impact of these safety precautions are higher, for children, than covid itself is.

At the same time, I do believe in adults taking safety precautions. Socialize outdoors, avoid crowded rooms, etc. Covid can be dangerous in adults. The risks of covid outweigh the risks of the negative impact of safety precautions. I am always cognizant of covid safety. I do not go overboard though or get obsessive about it.

My oldest son tested positive for a high count of covid antibodies. I don't remember him being sick except maybe one day when he was really nauseous but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

I didn't test the younger kids.

My husband tested positive for a low count of covid antibodies. He never had symptoms.

I tested negative for covid antibodies.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:30 am
Not careful since august.
Exposed multiple times in beginning.
Some children in home had.
DH and I never got. (No antibodies).

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:35 am
We were very careful from day 1. Our kids stayed home the whole summer, we did send them to school with masks. My husband and I both work from home. We wore masks whenever we went out of the house. My kids were allowed to have one friend over at a time and they had to stay in their room the whole time. Otherwise noone came in my house.
We have no idea how but all 4 of my kids and I came down with covid in February. One of them must have brought it home. My husband is a healthcare worker and was already vaccinated, he did not get it

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:44 am
We were careful before anyone else in our community was careful. we got a lot of flack for being careful last Purim and then a lot of apologies when people realized we were right.
None of my kids went to school at all from March 2020 til Sept.
We basically didnt go closer than 6 feet to anyone that whole time.
My pre schooler started school in September but then our whole city was shut down.
I did send her whenever there was school.but there were a few lockdowns and her whole class had to quarantine because of exposure.
BH no one in our family got covid and now we are all vaccinated except for my youngest.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics