Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is earliest mikvah appt so late? 😢
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:16 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Happens to be there are around 40 prep rooms at 3 large newish Mikvas. Plus smaller mikvaos ... it’s enough to accommodate. Since they don’t want anyone to have to wait, they tell you to schedule.
I happen to hate the Lakewood system personally. The pressure to call at 7am exactly and make sure to get through, and being locked out until you’re finally buzzed in, waiting with a group of ladies, some newlyweds who think they should run in when the door buzzes and let you stay locked out. Going to the front desk and they’re moving like snails because they’re busy schmoozing, no matter that there’s more people locked out and waiting.

They want what’s best for us, I get it, I think that what’s best would be to encourage the neighborhood mikvaos to be built in a way that they can be open year round. There’s no reason for the monopoly they’ve created.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Do you drive
Try to call the Mikvah in West Deal - brand new very glitzy, very spa like.
Yes it’s far, but you’ll get an appointment around 8:30

Do you have phone number?

dragoneye126

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:28 pm
Re: Shore Area Mikvah

8:25 is your dip time. You are supposed to prepare at home and come ready to dip. The facilities are very clean and the attendants are nice. I’ve never had a problem getting an appointment, even at the last minute.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called the Shore Area mikvah; they have an 825 appointment.

Does anyone know if 825 means the time you dip or the time you come to start preparing? Also do they allow prep there or at home?

I think that’s time to dip

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have phone number?

732 531 3220
It’s very beautiful
You’ll feel pampered

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:45 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
732 531 3220
It’s very beautiful
You’ll feel pampered

Alternatively you can try marlboro or twin rivers mikva

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:

They want what’s best for us, I get it, I think that what’s best would be to encourage the neighborhood mikvaos to be built in a way that they can be open year round. There’s no reason for the monopoly they’ve created.

Who should be encouraging this?
I think everyone wishes ppl will build new mikvos when moving into town and not overwhelm more an overwhelmed system.
Why shouldn’t they?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:13 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Who should be encouraging this?
I think everyone wishes ppl will build new mikvos when moving into town and not overwhelm more an overwhelmed system.
Why shouldn’t they?

No, the reason why so many mikvaos are Friday night only is because the main Mikva wanted to keep control. They didn’t have a choice for Friday night but during the week they wanted women to go to the main Mikva. The New Hampshire one is an extension of the original one on Madison. If there hadn’t been all those politics when the fri night mikvaos were being built we would def have more choices.

rakcna

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I called the Shore Area mikvah; they have an 825 appointment.

Does anyone know if 825 means the time you dip or the time you come to start preparing? Also do they allow prep there or at home?

They don't allow prepping there. You must wear a mask as well.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:39 pm
I had a 10:30 appointment last week , and was also upset at first , but I showed up at 10:00 after prepping at home ( which worked out nicely cuz it was after kids were in bed ) , and I was out by 10:30!! It’s not so bad . It would be more stressful for me to drive to a new Mikva. Hatzlacha .

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:05 pm
Come to Brooklyn! Wink

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 8:25 am
No, the reason why so many mikvaos are Friday night only is because the main Mikva wanted to keep control. They didn’t have a choice for Friday night but during the week they wanted women to go to the main Mikva. The New Hampshire one is an extension of the original one on Madison. If there hadn’t been all those politics when the fri night mikvaos were being built we would def have more choices.

Most Friday night mikvahs are in shul basements and the logistics don’t work when there are men around. The ones I’ve been too aren’t that pleasant. Like no prep room. Just a single bathroom stall.
But maybe there are others I don’t know of.
Other places have mikvah: west gate, central ave...but they are small and only hold 3 ppl at a time.
If you know of a mikvah why don’t you try to hire mikvah ladies and get it to open, hire cleaning staff and laundry delivery and appt system. Maybe the neighborhood can pitch in to fund it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Most Friday night mikvahs are in shul basements and the logistics don’t work when there are men around. The ones I’ve been too aren’t that pleasant. Like no prep room. Just a single bathroom stall.
But maybe there are others I don’t know of.
Other places have mikvah: west gate, central ave...but they are small and only hold 3 ppl at a time.
If you know of a mikvah why don’t you try to hire mikvah ladies and get it to open, hire cleaning staff and laundry delivery and appt system. Maybe the neighborhood can pitch in to fund it.

They built the fri night mikvaos that way because they were only going to be used for fri night. So there was no point in building anything nicer. It’s too late now.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:17 am
I'm in Monsey. I make an appointment the morning after I get a clean hefsek. If I remind myself last minute, there are only late appointments left.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:53 am
They built the fri night mikvaos that way because they were only going to be used for fri night. So there was no point in building anything nicer. It’s too late now.

Right. So maybe new communities should be insisting on this. It is never too late to raise funds, find a donor and build a mikvah. You just need to find someone who is willing to do it.
Not just blaming the existing Lakewood community of having a broken system.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Right. So maybe new communities should be insisting on this. It is never too late to raise funds, find a donor and build a mikvah. You just need to find someone who is willing to do it.
Not just blaming the existing Lakewood community of having a broken system.
You’re missing the point. The main mikva wants it that way. This was deliberate. It’s not considered “broken”.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 9:59 am
You’re missing the point. The main mikva wants it that way. This was deliberate. It’s not considered “broken”.

this sounds the same as the school problem... the vaad wants there to be not enough schools per student so everyone has to bow before them and it keeps them in control

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:04 am

This is really sad and such low behavior. Women are having a hard enough time with this mitzvah, they shouldn't make it harder on women. God knows if they're responsible for driving women away and becoming more lax about it. They should make mikva the most pleasant and easiest experience as possible, not harder and more anxiety ridden.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:08 am

How are the physically preventing you from organizing and building a new mikvah? Ppl have done it in older areas. Not too long ago.

What does the Lakewood vaad have to do with the mikvah. Based on the history I know the person who built the mikvah is not affiliated with the vaad.

The builders of developments don’t want to spend the money. They should be held accountable (and for turning this town into a mess)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
How are the physically preventing you from organizing and building a new mikvah? Ppl have done it in older areas. Not too long ago.

What does the Lakewood vaad have to do with the mikvah. Based on the history I know the person who built the mikvah is not affiliated with the vaad.

The builders of developments don’t want to spend the money. They should be held accountable (and for turning this town into a mess)
It has nothing to do with the vaad. The mikva used political pressure. And unfortunately I’m not in a position to build a mikva, and for many of these neighborhoods the chance is gone.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries