Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why is earliest mikvah appt so late? 😢
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
It has nothing to do with the vaad. The mikva used political pressure. And unfortunately I’m not in a position to build a mikva, and for many of these neighborhoods the chance is gone.

Ppl are moving to Toms River and Jackson by the 1000s literally and relying on only the Lakewood mikvah. Bec there are none there. And then get upset that they can’t get appts.
But the ppl who lived I Lakewood are also waiting.

Can’t you see why this bothers ppl.
It’s like the ppl who live here are expected to keep building and building to accommodate new ppl moving in. But they don’t put in the effort to build it.

No one moving in is connected to the vaad or bmg. How can they be prevented from building.

Belz built a new mikvah. Why didn’t the vaad stop them?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Ppl are moving to Toms River and Jackson by the 1000s literally and relying on only the Lakewood mikvah. Bec there are none there. And then get upset that they can’t get appts.

It’s like the ppl who live here are expected to keep building and building to accommodate new ppl moving in. But they don’t put in the effort to build it.

No one moving in is connected to the vaad or bmg. How can they be prevented from building.

I’m explaining why there aren’t more mikvaos in Lakewood. Nothing to do with Toms River, jackson, or belz. There was trouble getting appts before these people moved in. It took a very long time for New Hampshire to open. Now there definitely seems to be less issue with appts. I don’t consider 10:30 to be late at all.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:22 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I understood that the vaad of the main mikva don't allow new mikva's to be built.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I understood that the vaad of the main mikva don't allow new mikva's to be built.

How do they prevent it?
How did belz build?
Who did you hear this from?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
How do they prevent it?
How did belz build?
Who did you hear this from?

This is what I understood from amothet Firebrick post. It's politics. Belz can build because they're a mosdos and they bought the plot. They own it. It's always easier for a mosdos to build.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:30 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
This is what I understood from amothet Firebrick post. It's politics. Belz can build because they're a mosdos and they bought the plot. They own it. It's always easier for a mosdos to build.

Of course if someone builds a mikvah they need to buy land. Someone fundraises and buys land and builds.
How does the vaad stop them ?

mommyhood

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 10:50 am
dragoneye126 wrote:
Re: Shore Area Mikvah

8:25 is your dip time. You are supposed to prepare at home and come ready to dip. The facilities are very clean and the attendants are nice. I’ve never had a problem getting an appointment, even at the last minute.

How can that be the dip time, that's well before tzeis this week.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:39 am
You can also call the number for Mrs. Wenger (it’s on the message) and explain your situation. She will try to help you come earlier. Call her as soon as you can (the sooner, the easier it is for her to figure it out).

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:48 am
mommyhood wrote:

8:15 is earliest possible time.
But everyone should check their own minhagim bec some wait later.

YounginBP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Are all mikvos in Lakewood overwhelmed? You can't use Belz?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 11:57 am
Wow I’m reading this post and literally shocked at this appointment system and how it’s so hard to work with.
I live in Williamsburg and never realized how spoiled I am at the Satmar mikvah on Walworth st. I feel like if you drive in from Lakewood you’ll be back before your 10:30 appt...lol
There is no such a thing as waiting for a room and the wait to be checked and toiveled is either nonexistent and minimal.
There are no appointments and always rooms available. I just go whenever I am ready that night.
They have at least 80 rooms and many mikva ladies.
I rarely bump into anyone there because as soon as you’re buzzed in you pay and get your ticket# and there’s no standing around.
They are super nice and discreet and it’s probably one of the nicest mikvaos in the Tri state area.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Wow I’m reading this post and literally shocked at this appointment system and how it’s so hard to work with.
I live in Williamsburg and never realized how spoiled I am at the Satmar mikvah on Walworth st. I feel like if you drive in from Lakewood you’ll be back before your 10:30 appt...lol
There is no such a thing as waiting for a room and the wait to be checked and toiveled is either nonexistent and minimal.
There are no appointments and always rooms available. I just go whenever I am ready that night.
They have at least 80 rooms and many mikva ladies.
I rarely bump into anyone there because as soon as you’re buzzed in you pay and get your ticket# and there’s no standing around.
They are super nice and discreet and it’s probably one of the nicest mikvaos in the Tri state area.

Only 80 women toivel? What happens if 90 women show up at one time? What happens if 150 women from Lakewood drive in one night.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:09 pm
mommyhood wrote:

This is a Sephardic Mikvah
I believe their timing is a bit earlier
Everyone should check with their LOR if going to a different Mikvah than the one they usually use

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:22 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Only 80 women toivel? What happens if 90 women show up at one time? What happens if 150 women from Lakewood drive in one night.

It opens early and they have cleaning ladies who are constantly cleaning the rooms after people leave.
Maybe they have more than 80 rooms. I remember hearing that years ago. For all I know there are 200 rooms.
There are another 2 mikvas in town but not as nice and large. This one is the most popular and you can be sure that with thousands of families living here we have many people showing up. Maybe Lakewood mikva vaad should consult with them to work it out

YounginBP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:32 pm
Boro Park's Mikvaos did not require appointments. It was overloaded and lines were long, especially in the Summer with the later zman... BH Satmar on Dahill opened up about 2 years ago. It is large, beautiful and now (Covid) require appointments! Yay, no waiting!! Dahill has 40 rooms with 6 boros.
There are at least 4 other mikvoas.

Lakewood does not have so many?

Perrys

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:46 pm
Try Belz
Or Westgate
Or the one on sunset and central

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
this sounds the same as the school problem... the vaad wants there to be not enough schools per student so everyone has to bow before them and it keeps them in control

The shidduch system is the same
Name one other culture that has 100 girls fawning and panting over a boy who never earned a dime in his life, has no marketable skills, poor social skills , and often isnt so handsome either...

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 1:05 pm
Perrys wrote:
Try Belz
Or Westgate
Or the one on sunset and central

West gate is small and community members get first dips.
Central is also small and fills up fast.
There is also satmar in the old shul. Sometimes easier to get appt there.

Lakewood has 3 large central mikvos - no clue how many rooms but the hallways seem endless. I’d assume 80 in each but I have no clue. With constant cleaning.
There are some small ones around town. But those are like 3 rooms

Lots of young ppl are also moving out.
And Lakewood is getting tons of young ppl daily.
Look at how much schools in Lakewood are growing
How much are NY schools growing classes every year? It’s a pretty good indicator of increase of mikvah usage.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 1:06 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
The shidduch system is the same
Name one other culture that has 100 girls fawning and panting over a boy who never earned a dime in his life, has no marketable skills, poor social skills , and often isnt so handsome either...

Omg, your comment livened up my boring day Very Happy

keym

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 1:22 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
It opens early and they have cleaning ladies who are constantly cleaning the rooms after people leave.
Maybe they have more than 80 rooms. I remember hearing that years ago. For all I know there are 200 rooms.
There are another 2 mikvas in town but not as nice and large. This one is the most popular and you can be sure that with thousands of families living here we have many people showing up. Maybe Lakewood mikva vaad should consult with them to work it out

And what would you do if 10000 families moved into Williamsburg enmasse in 2 years. And another 10000 families moved into the nearby city that has no mikvah.
Would you still be able to keep up smoothly?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries