Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Connected but Unaffected

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:52 pm
My children’s moods greatly affect me and it bothers me terribly. Especially in their negative state, I should be their happy place, their rock. Not feeding into their negativity. But the only way I manage to avoid joining their negativity is by completely tuning out. I don’t necessarily mean when they’re sad or disappointed. But when they’re hyperactive, annoyed, cranky, overall negative etc.

I need strategies to help me remain unaffected by their negative vibes, but still connected to them as a calm mother.

Any tips?

trixx

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:54 pm
Basically you need to learn emotional regulation. Now that you know the term, you can look it up.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 12:57 pm
Me too! Following.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:41 pm
Follow the Guttmann sisters on instagram at www.instagram.com/handsonapproaches They speak on this all the time and I know they are doing a community event on this thorugh their non-profit. You are not alone. Heart

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:44 pm
Deep breaths and just keep repeating "I wont kill anyone over this". Works for me ☺️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics