Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hashem has very unique sense of humor
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:52 pm
Monday before pesach, I found out I was carrying a 7 week empty sac when I should have been 11 weeks along.
The next day, Tuesday, my 15 n/mo old wasn't feeling well. Long story, we were in the hospital for 11 days (yes, I spent pesach in the hospital).
Just as we got discharged in friday, erev second days yt, I passed my mc naturally and landed on the er while my husband and baby went home. Bh, I made it home before yt too, just in time to bench licht.
Then, when I went back to my ob after yt, he told me I have retained tissue and I need a d&c.
For the last 2 weeks , I had appt every day of the week, either for me (with the mc) or follow up for my baby.
Last week monday, my 4 yr old wasn't feeling well. When I took him to the Dr he told me I must take his to the er to rule out certain infection based on what the baby had. Bh, that'll turned out well.
Now my poor little baby has rsv. Bh, were home and giving him albuterol in the nebulizer. So now I need to keep him home from the babysitter until at least Wednesday when we could test again. So that means either taking off more work, or shlepping him with me.
And on top of all that, I still need to work out how/when to fit in the d&c in my schedule.
Seriously, you can't make these stuff up.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:53 pm
Wow! I didn't realize how long that was. Thank you to anyone who even bothers reading the whole post. I feel better getting that off my chest.

hodeez

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 4:55 pm
I'm so sorry. Life gets so busy unexpectedly Sad Sometimes it's just one thing after the other and it just takes the wind out of you. Good luck with everything, wishing you and your kids a refuah shelaimah

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:04 pm
Hatzlacha and big hugs!
It's possible you're so busy you haven't had time to process this. Or possible you have. One thing I want to alert you to and that is hormones as things are coming back to normal. It was like PMS on steroids for me and I wish I would have known. I might have handled some things better.
Refuah shleima to everyone and menuchas hanefesh to you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:20 pm
hodeez wrote:
I'm so sorry. Life gets so busy unexpectedly Sad Sometimes it's just one thing after the other and it just takes the wind out of you. Good luck with everything, wishing you and your kids a refuah shelaimah

Amen! Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:22 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Hatzlacha and big hugs!
It's possible you're so busy you haven't had time to process this. Or possible you have. One thing I want to alert you to and that is hormones as things are coming back to normal. It was like PMS on steroids for me and I wish I would have known. I might have handled some things better.
Refuah shleima to everyone and menuchas hanefesh to you.

The pg is over, so I'm not really hormonal now. It's just that I'm itching to get this over w already, but something always comes up to delay it. Im niddah for over 5 weeks already.

professor

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:30 pm
Hugs.. life gets hard like that sometimes. Hospitals are so unfun

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:32 pm
Hugs that's so overwhelming. I feel overwhelmed when only going through one or two of the things you are going through!

blessedflower

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:45 pm
Waw you are going through a lot right now. May hashem send you all the koach you need. Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to some good chocolate.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:50 pm
My suggestion (which I learned the hard way twice) is to check your mezuzahs
Hope everything gets better for you!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 5:59 pm
blessedflower wrote:
Waw you are going through a lot right now. May hashem send you all the koach you need. Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to some good chocolate.

And ice cream. Except, my niece is getting married in a few weeks, iyh and if I don't zip my mouth my dress won't zip either.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
My suggestion (which I learned the hard way twice) is to check your mezuzahs
Hope everything gets better for you!!

The pediatrician just told my husband that too. Thanks for the suggestion, always good. But we just checked mezuzahs and tefillin after my baby was hospitalized.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 6:04 pm
I’m so sorry for all that you’re going through. You seem to be having a really full plate and I hope From here on things calm down and you can relax. Refuah Shleima to everyone.

(Ot, but I’m wondering if you had any symptoms prior to the apt that wld make you think that something isn't right! Im currently 10 weeks pg and only have my doc apt in a few days and I just don't feel the symptoms I always had in my previous pregnancies. Im already very anxious and your post put me on high alert. )

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 6:16 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

(Ot, but I’m wondering if you had any symptoms prior to the apt that wld make you think that something isn't right! Im currently 10 weeks pg and only have my doc apt in a few days and I just don't feel the symptoms I always had in my previous pregnancies. Im already very anxious and your post put me on high alert. )

I started bleeding, which could be perfectly normal. I was just annoyed, cuz that meant I was niddah the whole week before pesach, when I need my husband's help. Every pg is different and just because things are diff this time around, doesn't mean anything is wrong. Breathe deep and try to relax. I hope everything works out well for you. Hatzlacha!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I started bleeding, which could be perfectly normal. I was just annoyed, cuz that meant I was niddah the whole week before pesach, when I need my husband's help. Every pg is different and just because things are diff this time around, doesn't mean anything is wrong. Breathe deep and try to relax. I hope everything works out well for you. Hatzlacha!

Thank you. Im having a surprise pregnancy after a really long break and have already given up on having another one. So the fact that im feeling better than I usually felt is worrisome to me. But thanks for your good wishes. I’m sending them right back to you.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The pg is over, so I'm not really hormonal now. It's just that I'm itching to get this over w already, but something always comes up to delay it. Im niddah for over 5 weeks already.

It was between d and c's (I needed a second). As the hormones were getting back to normal post-pregnancy that's when things went crazy. My dr just smiled and said it's good, it shows you're getting back to hormonal stasis. But he didn't have to live with me. I didn't want to live with me.

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:21 pm
Op, I had just had from aprox Rosh chodesh Nissan till Rosh Chodesh again literally for 4 weeks straight every day with another kid. Including was a bh now minor issue in the er but was a threatened 1-2 day stay. The night dc was taken to the er dh took DC and I just broke down. I couldn't anymore. I cried and begged hashem. I bh wasn't in the hospital over yt but I was chol homoed on 2 separate days with 2 different kids by the Dr. But I felt like it's a one long run on sentence. My baby wasn't feeling well entire y"t. Barely barely ate. And symptoms were every day something else. Bh bh I hope things are quieting down now. This doesn't include that dc woke up with a nice cold.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 7:58 pm
OP Maybe your husband can step in and take care of the sick kid for a day while you take care of your needs.
You shouldn't be doing everything alone.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
OP Maybe your husband can step in and take care of the sick kid for a day while you take care of your needs.
You shouldn't be doing everything alone.

im really not doing it alone. my husband was stuck home with all the kids most of pesach while I was in the hospital. and then when I came home for a day on chol hamod, he was with the baby in the hospital. he took the baby today to the dr and helped me with the nebulizer cuz the baby was not being cooperative.
were both under tons of stress. iyh, it will all pass, but like a kidney stone.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 8:50 pm
OP, you are so funny! And amazing! (Or maybe it's the other way around.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics