Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Worth it to spend more?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:15 pm
I want opinions!
Toyota Camry used is around 20k (for the model and mileage we want)
Other companies like kia/nissan/ Hyundai sedans are around 1-2 thousand cheaper
BUT toyota is known to be a more reliable company. Would you buy a different car to save 1-2 thousand?
If you have a Camry- are you happy with it? How long has it lasted you so far? Any cars I should avoid?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:17 pm
My husband has a 2004 camry that’s still working perfectly. Def worth the money. Toyotas are better then american cars.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:19 pm
Definitely worth it in my experience.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:20 pm
I would buy the Camry. They can easily get to 300,000 miles. The best affordable car ever.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:30 pm
So worth it.
You'll save $ in the long run

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:32 pm
Camry all the way. We sold our 2001 Camry last year and the young couple that bought it were thrilled to buy it. It still works but we got tired of the maintenance and we moved on to a minivan anyway. We bought it for 12k in 2005 and used it for 15 years. The magic number for used cars (to get the best price) might be 4 years old. (When we bought our minivan it was almost 2014 and we bought a 2010 Honda Odyssey. Still using it).

lfab

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 4:48 pm
For 1-2 thousand difference I'd go with the camry. But in my experience there was a much bigger gap in price between toyota/Honda and other makes. When we were looking to purchase a mini van there was about a $5-7 thousand dollar difference between the hondas/Toyotas and kias/hyundais etc. But it could be the gap is much smaller with sedans.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:37 pm
We have a 2014 Camry and my father has a 2018 Camry. My husband has also rented a 2019 Camry, 2019 Nissan and a 2017 Hyundai Sonata. He personally thinks long term the Toyota is the best bet for reliability and resale values. Also liked driving the Camry the most. Would avoid the Nissan (trunk was not as big, seats not as comfortable and not always as reliable as the other two).
Though the Camry only brought in may not have Apple CarPlay and Android auto later (if that is imports check). The Hyundai felt more spacious, but ultimately it is a matter of preference. Also depends how long you want to hold onto it.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:41 pm
I vote Toyota Camry.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:42 pm
I'd get the Camry. Toyotas last.

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Apr 26 2021, 5:58 pm
Camry for sure, that’s not such a large price difference and we’ve had zero trouble with our used one.

bsy

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 1:11 am
My 2001 camry is still in use

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 2:34 am
Oh how I miss my 2001 Camry! We’ve since upgraded to a minivan B”H but those were the good old days. When’s the last time an imamother thread has been unanimous?! Camry all the way!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 7:51 am
A couple repairs easily run up to a couple thousand on those other brands. I agree with all others, camry is the way to go.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Oh how I miss my 2001 Camry! We’ve since upgraded to a minivan B”H but those were the good old days. When’s the last time an imamother thread has been unanimous?! Camry all the way!

Lol yes!

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 5:07 pm
Another Camry vote here! My husband will only buy Toyota cars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics