Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dunno why but this seems inappropriate to me...
Previous  1  2  3  4

champion

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 3:25 am
My SILs did this at my wedding and never bothered asking me. Some really looked like wannabe brides.
My own sisters were dressed in a whole different color scheme.
It bothered me but I don't hold a grudge. Perhaps because I was really felt like a princess in my own dress.
It would have been nice to be consulted though.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 3:27 am
I think it's more upsetting for them to set a color scheme of any kind without asking than for them to wear white.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Please. There’s a difference between a white gown and a kallah gown. The shape, the detailing.
The kallah stands out plenty. I promise you no one is mixing her up with anyone else.
It would be super odd if everyone wore kallah gowns. It would be even weirder if everyone wore veils. Otherwise, it’s so beautiful.

It detracts from the Kallah, no matter how beautiful you think it looks. Picture walking into a hall where there is one person bedecked in all white. It attracts your attention and pulls your eye towards here. Now picture entering a hall where there are white gowns floating all around the place. It definitely detracts from the kallah.

Personally, unless its a traditional thing as in Sefardim, I think it's a bit of a selfish move. You've put you yourself first instead of considering the kallah. You're just thinking about yourself with disregard to the kallah. At least make sure you've checked in with the kallah to see if she's ok with sharing the stage a bit. In chassidishe circles (or at least in my circle) they don't bother checking with the Kallah. I think that's wrong. It is the one night that is totally hers, why not let her have it all the way?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics