Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Friend offered to buy gift, what???

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:42 pm
my friend has offered to buy me either an infant seat, or something like that for my baby. I dont know what to get. I am so thankful that an expensive thing like that will be paid by someone else, so I am going crazy trying to think of what is the best thing to get.
I have a car seat from a sibling, so I dont need one. I use the car seat as an infant seat for my baby at home.
should I get a bouncer? a pack n play? what would you do??
thanks

OldYoung

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:56 pm
if you have a graco car seat, then a snapngo stroller frame is a great gift!

bouncers are great but cost much less than a packnplay... do you have a crib? if you don't then you might want to get a packnplay until the baby's a little bigger. I used a packnplay for the first little bit cuz it was just the right size and fit nicely in my room Very Happy and now I have it to use for guests or if we go away to relatives or hotels...

if you don't really need anything then you can always think ahead... a high chair, maybe? we were all set and didn't need anything so someone ended up giving us a fisherprice kitchen as a baby present!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 12:56 pm
A swing or bouncy seat is excellent. Or, when DS #1 was born, a family friend bought me the exersaucer which I put away until he was old enough for it. I was so grateful to have that & I've used it for all 3 kids & it's still working!

Hannah!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 1:01 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Sun, May 04 2008, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 9:33 pm
I dont want to be too greedy about the fact that she wants to buy me a great present, so a double stroller is out of the question.
maybe I will ask for a bouncer or swing. any good suggestions?

SingALong

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 9:45 pm
can you ask for a gift certificate to babies r us? then you can pick it out on your own?

R&RMom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 9:01 am
Graco makes a swing that is also a bouncy seat. The seat part detaches from the frame and becomes the bouncy seat..pretty cool...so maybe you can ask for that and get both!
Very Happy

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 9:11 am
take her up on it by asking if she has an idea of what you could use - this way you might get an idea of how big she is willing to go ...

bouncers and walkers I've heard are not so good with helping a baby develope ... check into that before ...

do you have a high chair ... would you be willing to put more money into the double stroller idea ... think of what item you would want - but could never buy for yourself ... I had a basinette which was great for infants sleeping in my room w/o taking up too much floor space ... what about a rocking chair to nurse the baby ...

keep thinking ... good luck!!!

overworkedraizy

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:41 pm
how aboute a nice sweater set with all accesories its like $150-$250 including the blanket ,matching hat ,booties etc...

Mommy007

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 11:03 pm
the swing that goes side to side and front to back FISHER PRICE CRADLE SWING..omg best invesment ever!! when my son was a baby he would sleep in it almost the entire night. It is so worth it! Seriously!

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2008, 9:59 am
A high chair??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics