Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Please only answer if Yeshivish/chasidish
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And for the record, is it really as chumor to be seen less covered than usual by a non-Jewish male? I always thought it was not as chumor.... (not that I’ve ever done it..)

There is no differentiation .

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks . I somehow thought you had to be only “decently” covered in front of non- Jewish men. So that you technically don’t need to cover your collarbone, wear socks etc. even if you normally do so amongst frum males...
I guess that was a misconception of mine, though it was not “Halacha lemaaseh”, because I’m always super tzniusdig...

I kinda used to think the same thing because I’ve seen a lot of very otherwise tzniusdik people wearing things they shouldn’t be very openly down in Florida.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I don't think so! It's awful and I'm never totally comfortable whenever we're vacationing, wether alone or with family. And I don't do anything different than usual when on vacation. People just think it's funny to take a picture of a couple sitting on the beach.

yup yup so DH always wants to vacation in a place where no one knows him and cant see what hes doing for this reason

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I kinda used to think the same thing because I’ve seen a lot of very otherwise tzniusdik people wearing things they shouldn’t be very openly down in Florida.

People nebach think hashem doesn't come along when on vacation. I feel sad for them.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:38 am
wannabamom wrote:
yup yup so DH always wants to vacation in a place where no one knows him and cant see what hes doing for this reason

I don't like going to places where I'll meet another jew for this reason. There are things that I really enjoy doing that I keep back from doing because I'm afraid someone might take a picture. Normal things like bike riding, shooting range....

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I don't like going to places where I'll meet another jew for this reason. There are things that I really enjoy doing that I keep back from doing because I'm afraid someone might take a picture. Normal things like bike riding, shooting range....

we happen to be chassidim wo still do these things so if we get spotted -OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT THEYRE DOING?????????????? DH hates it

A1MUM

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:43 am
I wouldn't do it

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:46 am
wannabamom wrote:
we happen to be chassidim wo still do these things so if we get spotted -OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT THEYRE DOING?????????????? DH hates it

Exactly! It's terrible.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:47 am
I’ve seen pics of frum people doing normal stuff regular couples do. I especially hate it when it’s pics of chasidim being circulated around the web. No matter what they’re doing! Just cuz they’re doing normal stuff because “OmG, I NeVeR sAw A cHaSsId Be LiKe NoRmAl PeOpLe!”

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:48 am
We are yeshivish, I spend alot of time researching vacation places before going anywhere to make sure it's 100% ok. It's worth spending the extra time and $ to find a place where you won't have to compromise on Halacha. Good luck!

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:50 am
DH likes to say - כאשר יחנו כן יסעו - as you encamp, so should you travel (it's a pasuk in Sefer Bamidbar), which can be interpreted to mean that the same halachic standards you have when you're at home are the same standards you should keep when you're on the road. And we're on the road a lot. Smile

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:50 am
I would go with my girlfriends with a tznius bathing suit. But I wouldn’t expose dh to naked women and all the pritzus. Even if he is the best guy. You never know what it does to a guy as small Or big influence.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:53 am
We were once at a hotel in New Hampshire and DH got up early to go to shul. When he came back he mentioned that there were several chassidishe ladies swimming in the outdoor hotel pool in regular swimsuits, and when they saw him coming they quickly tried to cover up.

I always wondered if there's such an attitude that it's different when you're around non-Jews, though I've never heard of such a halachic opinion. I'm yeshivish and would not feel comfortable, like many have said above.

Ema of 5

amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

Hashem is there for the people who live in Florida, but He doesn’t vacation there.

Goody2shoes

Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I’ve seen pics of frum people doing normal stuff regular couples do. I especially hate it when it’s pics of chasidim being circulated around the web. No matter what they’re doing! Just cuz they’re doing normal stuff because “OmG, I NeVeR sAw A cHaSsId Be LiKe NoRmAl PeOpLe!”

thanks for this. its my pet peeve(among many other)

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:55 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

I know. I'm literally uncomfortable doing anything when other frum people are around. Even going on rides with my kids at amusement parks. People have zero respect.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:55 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Hashem is there for the people who live in Florida, but He doesn’t vacation there.

LOL Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
LOL Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I grew up in Miami, and spent lots of time in hotels on Miami Beach because my father worked there. I know all about where Hashem is and isn’t 🙄

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I know. I'm literally uncomfortable doing anything when other frum people are around. Even going on rides with my kids at amusement parks. People have zero respect.

Yes. UGH.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 12:07 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yes. UGH.

why is it like that? if they are on vacation why cant we be even if we are -GASP- chasidish?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions