Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Any affordable frum communities in Israel?
Previous  1  2  3

moonstone

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here:

I would say we are chareidi light, if that exists. We are black hat type yeshivish but my husband works and does only wear white shirt and hat on shabbos (but he may change that once in Israel) and I wear long earrings at times and read secular books (mainly science).

What's wrong with long earrings? Are they not allowed in charedi communities?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 8:09 am
Your husband could earn a very good salary in hitech and you will be able to afford more than 4000 shekel in rent. You can easily live on one salary if it's a hitech salary. Your best bet for accepting Anglo communities are either RBS or Rechovot.
Check out the Chatam website for info about rechovot.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 8:15 am
moonstone wrote:

That is derailing the thread, but yes, many chareidi communities do not allow them.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 8:19 am
moonstone wrote:

Depends on what you define as long.
In general, charedi ashkenazi women don't wear long earrings or L-xl hoops. Depends of the style and occasion. Wedding vs every day use your know.
However rabbi falk, if I remember correctly, says that certain slim long earrings could be fine.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Your husband could earn a very good salary in hitech and you will be able to afford more than 4000 shekel in rent. You can easily live on one salary if it's a hitech salary. Your best bet for accepting Anglo communities are either RBS or Rechovot.
Check out the Chatam website for info about rechovot.

This. OP do you realize how much tech jobs are in demand in Israel right now?
Focus on a nice accepting community that’s commutable to the Tel Aviv area, less on the costs. You are still a small family you shouldn’t have that many expenses besides housing and also you don’t need a very large house just yet, especially if you’ll be renting.
Not that you should completely disregard budget concerns, but that shouldn’t be your deciding factor here. Unless DH has a history of finding it difficult to hold down a job. You are set up for a very easy landing financially.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 28 2021, 4:29 pm
check this out for detailed descriptions of many options for communities. This website was specifically built to target chareidi families interested in Aliyah.

https://lifeintheland.com/wiki/Communities

just wondering

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:20 am
check this out

http://aviraderetzyisroel.org/

(There is also a forum there for this purpose, aviraderetzyisroel@groups.io)

just wondering

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That is derailing the thread, but yes, many chareidi communities do not allow them.

NOT TRUE!!!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 12:24 am
I agree she doesn't need to keep to a 4000 budget, and more important that they find a place commutable to work.

Not everyone in hi tech earns huge salaries, btw. Most likely she will need to work, at least till he establishes himself.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions