Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How do I train my son for bowel movement?!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:03 pm
My son is 5 1/2 and is trained for wet since hes 3. He never trained for dirty and he kind of put his body on a natural mode to go at night in a pull up. I've tried charts, token charts, having him sit on the toilet...nothing worked. I think part of the problem is that he doesnt need to go during the day, only at night. I am desperate to get him trained and I am looking for ideas. Has anyone been through something similar?

hodeez

Post Tue, Apr 27 2021, 9:14 pm
Following for my 3 year old. Same story every morning, poop all over the bed because he pulls his pull up to cover only half of his crack 🤦‍♀️

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:49 pm
Hi I’m training my son now and he is bh great with number 1 but by number 2 he just goes in his underwear even in playgroup! Any tips?!?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:32 pm
Hi I’m training my son now and he is bh great with number 1 but by number 2 he just goes in his underwear even in playgroup! Any tips?!?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 10:34 pm
Have him sit on the toilet and read him a story. Does he have a time that he makes? Best if it can be in the morning so you read straight away to him.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 11:55 pm
Sit with him in bathroom twice a day, morning and night 15 minutes each.
Makes no difference if he has a bowel movement or not, just make sure it’s relaxed time and he’s happy. And then If he was holding anything in it will come.

Teomima

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:11 am
My kids had an easier time figuring out bowel movements on the potty vs the toilet, due to the squatting position. Since your son is a bit old for a potty, try using a stool under his feet (or a "squatty potty") when he sits on the toilet. The position encourages bowel movements to come out more easily. Also try temporarily loading up his diet with fiber and plenty of water so he needs to go more than just at night. That combined with spending time squatting on the toilet might help his develop a sense for productive movements.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training