Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Funny question about everyone wearing black tights-Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:39 pm
I don't live in Lakewood and I'm not even yeshivish, but I wear black hose year round unless wearing a pale-color skirt or shoes. (black hose with light shoes...ick.) This allows me to skip shaving if I like.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:42 pm
Actually I’ve been told the rule is that you can’t wear nude with black shoes, and once you start wearing nude you can’t switch back to black until rosh hashana. So switching over to nude is a commitment to only wearing summer shoes from then on out.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Actually I’ve been told the rule is that you can’t wear nude with black shoes, and once you start wearing nude you can’t switch back to black until rosh hashana. So switching over to nude is a commitment to only wearing summer shoes from then on out.

Is anyone actually watching? What happens if you do switch back or wear black shoes. Are you given a fine? Compulsory instruction by the fashion police? A lecture on how embarrassing you are, by your teenage daughter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:16 pm

So now I really have a problem... I was hoping to get clarity about which hose to wear and it seems that no one is really sure. A new problem has arisen. I only have black shoes. I didn’t know this rule about not wearing nude with black shoes. Is that really a thing?
So what do I do tonight? Wear black tights with black shoes? Wear nude tights with black shoes? Btw I don’t have perfect legs and look/feel better and in black tights... then again, I don’t want to look “off” in black.
What do I do Banging head ??
I have to get dressed soon...
BTW I’m not a young girl... I’m close to 40 if that matters.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So now I really have a problem... I was hoping to get clarity about which hose to wear and it seems that no one is really sure. A new problem has arisen. I only have black shoes. I didn’t know this rule about not wearing nude with black shoes. Is that really a thing?
So what do I do tonight? Wear black tights with black shoes? Wear nude tights with black shoes? Btw I don’t have perfect legs and look/feel better and in black tights... then again, I don’t want to look “off” in black.

You wear what looks good on you and what matches your outfits/shoes. And who cares what everyone else thinks. Just do you.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I wear shoes that look good with nude. Sometimes that means black shoes.
I'm you're age.
You have no problems. Smile

Boca00

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You can totally wear nude tights with black shoes!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:40 pm
Boca00 wrote:
You can totally wear nude tights with black shoes!

Helllooo! Of course! No such nonsense in my end of the woods - then again, I live in Kensington Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:51 pm
I were Black knee socks all year round because it is the most convenient for me. I know what I'm wearing every day and can just keep buying the same socks all the time.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm going to a bar mitzva in Lakewood tonight and I'm wearing nude. So if we're at the same one, you can wear nude and you'll be in good company!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

LOL I personally would wear black tights. But it doesn’t really matter because you’re not a teenager going to school shabbos and no one will whisper about your tights color (we hope)

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:20 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Is anyone actually watching? What happens if you do switch back or wear black shoes. Are you given a fine? Compulsory instruction by the fashion police? A lecture on how embarrassing you are, by your teenage daughter?
I actually break all the fashion rules. I don’t have a teenage daughter though. I may need to get with the program when my girls get older. TMI

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:24 pm
First of all, opaque is a more absorbent and more comfortable material than nylon, I'm blanking now on what it's called. But it comes in nude (if you don't mind that it's not sheer & won't rip : )

Also even in warmer weather if it's a rainy day I feel absolutely justified in wearing dark hose. Who wants muddy splashed nude hose? Quite ugly.

I'm with non-shaver above. But my opaque nude is cover-up enough.

That said, I'm most often wearing crocs shoes which are not quite black (or navy, as the case may be). So I think black hose look funny with them & I'll even wear nude in winter.

Disclaimer: I wear what I like & what I think looks good on me. I don't have teenage daughter (any more).

Whatever you wear, if you wear it with confidence and a smile, you will look great!

bsy

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:50 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
First of all, opaque is a more absorbent and more comfortable material than nylon, I'm blanking now on what it's called. But it comes in nude (if you don't mind that it's not sheer & won't rip : )

Also even in warmer weather if it's a rainy day I feel absolutely justified in wearing dark hose. Who wants muddy splashed nude hose? Quite ugly.

I'm with non-shaver above. But my opaque nude is cover-up enough.

That said, I'm most often wearing crocs shoes which are not quite black (or navy, as the case may be). So I think black hose look funny with them & I'll even wear nude in winter.

Disclaimer: I wear what I like & what I think looks good on me. I don't have teenage daughter (any more).

Whatever you wear, if you wear it with confidence and a smile, you will look great!

Its called microfiber

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:56 pm
Quote:
It's called microfiber.
Yes, thank you!

So I'm saying microfiber is more comfortable than nylon. 'Course, I only ever wear knee-highs. Pantyhose might be pretty miserable.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:58 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Once Lag Ba'omer hits, people switch over to nude.

So tomorrow?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:25 pm

I've seen people - and I will now be motzi shem ra on other communities besides Lakewood - for whom wearing black shoes in the summer is such a yeihareg v'al yaavor that they'll wear any shoes but black, even when black would look so much better.

While I'm glad this is amother-enabled it should really be in Issues of Concern or Controversial Issues. Can we get a moderator here?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Once you turn 40, you can do whatever you want.
When you turn 50, you get to wear a red hat.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:27 pm
Why do we have to type [non jew] but we can type n*de? N*de n*de n*de n*de n*de n*de.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:39 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Once you turn 40, you can do whatever you want.
When you turn 50, you get to wear a red hat.

What about 60?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries