Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Manchester UK: Girls High schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:41 pm
What are the girl's high schools like?
Jewish High?
Yavne?
Bnos?
Tiferes?
Differences and hashkafos

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 2:54 pm
what style are you looking for? Do you live in Manchester at the moment?

bnos is very frum(no internet etc.)though a fantastic school.

tiferes is also maybe a bit lighter, fairly new school I think this is the first year its a full school so younger family's, big focus on learning loshon hakodesh fairly high level curriculum .

not to familier with jewish high and yavne but I think
Jewish high is half state aided school all sorts of people go there. they allow internet etc

yavneh is most modern of all of them girls hang out with boys etc.

s1

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:02 pm
PM me and I’ll answer any questions on this topic Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:14 pm
Looking for frum but not too heavy. Allows Internet, Bit more chilled with Tznius. no problems with long sheitels.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking for frum but not too heavy. Allows Internet, Bit more chilled with Tznius. no problems with long sheitels.

Jewish high is probably best fit.

Apparently a new high school is opening this year with similar standards to Jewish high but dont know much about it

A1MUM

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:32 pm
sounds like Jewish day would be best..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:40 pm
I think that Jewish Day is the primary school. I heard about the new school I think it's called Meohr and is meant to be the new JH style school an alternative for the Jewish Day and Broughton Jewish girls. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that JH is having a lot of problems right now so maybe Meohr would be a better fit does anyone know anything about it.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:48 pm
Meor was set up for girls from Broughton Jewish who didn’t want to go to yavne, but a bit more ‘open’ than Jewish high. It has been open just under a year but is doing very well, and has excellent staff. It sounds like it’s the type of school you are looking for.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:52 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Meor was set up for girls from Broughton Jewish who didn’t want to go to yavne, but a bit more ‘open’ than Jewish high. It has been open just under a year but is doing very well, and has excellent staff. It sounds like it’s the type of school you are looking for. Jewish high is also an excellent school but they are a bit stricter with acceptances and want parents to sign about Tagged internet etc.

Aylat

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:43 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Meor was set up for girls from Broughton Jewish who didn’t want to go to yavne, but a bit more ‘open’ than Jewish high. It has been open just under a year but is doing very well, and has excellent staff. It sounds like it’s the type of school you are looking for.

Does it have Year 11 yet or are they growing year by year?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 4:59 pm
They only have year 7.

Aylat

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:02 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
They only have year 7.

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 7:21 pm
Anything more anyone can tell me about the schools. Details?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So not tiferes or bnos. Jewish high is the best lol. I went there Smile that was years ago but its still a great school. My dd will go there iyh,

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 10:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think that Jewish Day is the primary school. I heard about the new school I think it's called Meohr and is meant to be the new JH style school an alternative for the Jewish Day and Broughton Jewish girls. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that JH is having a lot of problems right now so maybe Meohr would be a better fit does anyone know anything about it.

BJ girls don't really get accepted in JH anymore unless they have a sibling or a parent teaches there. The classes are bursting and yes I think there are a lot of issues there at the moment, and in Yavneh too (there is no yr 7 this September there).
Meohr is not really established yet properly but I believe there is a great potential there.
It is a private school though unlike JH or Yavneh which are both state aided.

Good luck with making a decision.
Im not jealous

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 8:05 am
Sounds like you would fit in with Jewish High or Meohr. I think Meohr have very high standards and want to push the girls, whilst Jewish High is more chilled.
J. High is also much more established (despite any current issues) whilst meohr have only the one class and it's only coming up to the second year.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 8:49 pm
I thought Jewish High do not allow the Internet (they were fully open during the last lockdown as all the girls were classed as vulnerable as they were not supposed to have Internet at home) and they are quite strict on Tznius for both mothers and the girls.

As others have pointed out they do not like to accept girls from Broughton Jewish and it is usually a huge fight to get any girls in.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 8:55 pm
Jewish High or Beis Yaakov High school is an Academy.

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, May 01 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I thought Jewish High do not allow the Internet (they were fully open during the last lockdown as all the girls were classed as vulnerable as they were not supposed to have Internet at home) and they are quite strict on Tznius for both mothers and the girls.

As others have pointed out they do not like to accept girls from Broughton Jewish and it is usually a huge fight to get any girls in.

Yes, it could be that officially they don't allow Internet, Smartphones for the girls are defenetly a nono, but then most or all frum schools have the Internet rule and as I hear all around the world parents sign it anyways whether they have Internet or not.

I feel, that when it comes to looking into schools, what is the most important factor. A suitable environment or type of education?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:50 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

They do not have a no internet policy. They expect all internet to be filtered/tagged and girls not supposed to go on internet, or at least definitely not unattended. All lessons during lockdowns were taught over zoom without video so the girls could dial in if they don’t have internet at home. A loophole classed them all as vulnerable to allow the school to be open in January/Feb this year.
Strict on tznius depends how you define strict. They do not allow girls or mothers to wear leggings under skirts.

This depends on the girl and family.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics