Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How many outdoor garbage / recycling cans do you have
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:36 pm
I am a family of 7 in Toms River and keep filling up the two garbage bins and two recycling bins that I have. I am curious what do you all do? I should get 3? Am I doing something wrong?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 3:51 pm
I'm in lakewood. Here if you want more garbage cans you can pay about $50 each additional can. You call the department of public works and they will tell you how to request and pay for more cans.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:04 pm
Just out curiosity I was wondering if people can respond on how many cans do you have and do you have any tips to reduce garbage?

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:06 pm
We are a family of 7. 3 garbage cans and 1 recycling can. I use a lot of paper goods and foil pans. If I completely got rid of that my guess is that 2 cans would be enough.

Last edited by mha3484 on Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:06 pm
Family of 6
3 green
2 yellow

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:08 pm
3 green cans and 1 yellow which we lost a long time ago. Family of 9/10 depending who is home and a basement tenant couple with a baby.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:15 pm
We are a family of 5. We have 3 garbage and 2 recycling. I don’t usually fill everything but like to know I have it for when I need it. Recycling only comes every two weeks, so that’s a big consideration too

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:17 pm
I’m not in lkwd. But where I live we have garbage p/u once a wk and family of 4 and we fill up 1 garbage & 1 recycling. I don’t know if it’s the same size cans... we do generate lots of garbage because we go through lots and lots of medical supplies a week.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:23 pm
3 regular, 2 recycling. We don't usually fill all 3 but its good to have a third just in case. Recycling is every 2nd week and we do usually fill it up.

rdmom

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 5:44 pm
2 regular. One recycling. And it’s tight

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:18 pm
2 trash 2 recycling.
Lakewood
Family of 7
Tight after yt with hosting.

If you flatten boxes it will give you room.

Stack your paper plates and cups before putting in your garbage can.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 6:21 pm
Family of 5, with tenants who are family of 4. We use 4 garbage and 2 recycling.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 29 2021, 8:20 pm
Toms River only allows you to put out 3 at a time. You can buy more and keep filling them and shlep it to the dump or arrange for a bulk pickup occasionally but they don't come right away....

SingALong

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 12:24 am
Family of 9, 3 garbages and 1 recycling. It’s not enough. We’re overflowing. When I had a tenant with 2 kids we filled up 4 garbage and 2 recycling easily

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 12:27 am
Family of 8.
2 regular. 1 recycling.
Over yom tov it’s tight. Otherwise we are ok.
I wonder if it’s bec we use 30 gallon garbage bags so garbage is in large groups in can (if that makes sense). We break down all our boxes.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 12:35 am
Family of 7. We have two regular, one recycling. We hardly ever use more than one regular garbage can. But I have neighbors who put out 3,4,5 garbage cans and 2,3 recycling cans every single week. I'm not sure what they have in there. We use a lot of paper goods, but we still don't have that much garbage.

sweet

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 12:42 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Family of 7. We have two regular, one recycling. We hardly ever use more than one regular garbage can. But I have neighbors who put out 3,4,5 garbage cans and 2,3 recycling cans every single week. I'm not sure what they have in there. We use a lot of paper goods, but we still don't have that much garbage.

Do you live in lakewood?
The garbage cans in lkwd are much bigger then the ones in TR.
I have 2 reg. And 2 recycling. And theyre full!
I wanted to buy more but they told me my address cant?
Prob bec. The previous owner took a garbage can with them.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 12:57 am
sweet wrote:
Do you live in lakewood?
The garbage cans in lkwd are much bigger then the ones in TR.
I have 2 reg. And 2 recycling. And theyre full!
I wanted to buy more but they told me my address cant?
Prob bec. The previous owner took a garbage can with them.

Yes, I'm in Lakewood. That's a pain. Have you asked other people in Toms River what they do?

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 6:52 am
Lakewood. Seven people. Two greens and one yellow, and it's generally more than sufficient for us.

I guess we don't throw out so much. I don't use so many disposables. I do have paper plates and plastic cups, but I try to use dishes and my dishwasher more. I re-use disposable pans if they are in good shape and easy to wash off.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Apr 30 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

Stack your paper plates and cups before putting in your garbage can.

Or even better, don't use disposables.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries