Home

Before purchasing a new one

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 2:06 am
Please tell me what your thoughts are on this. Is it worth to overpay for a new wig? I never paid for a 3,000 wig. I saved up money to be able to buy one day. Now, when I have the money ready before I choose any wig I want to know if people saw real difference between a very expensive wig (2800) and a 1400 dollar wig. Would like to know if the hair, the quality, from the more expensive one is really better. It would be a big help for me to figure this out since I'm doubting whether spending a lot is worth it or not.. I know I can afford it now and before I do so I need feedback on the differences between cheaper and very expensive wigs . Would appreciate to hear experiences.

amother

Aqua

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:18 am
Processed hair will last only 2-3 years. Truly unprocessed hair can last for years and years. I have 2 unprocessed wigs for close to 7 years. I have made some style updates in them because trends come and go but the quality cannot be compared to the cheaper wigs I bought during these years.

amother

Brunette

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:24 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Processed hair will last only 2-3 years. Truly unprocessed hair can last for years and years. I have 2 unprocessed wigs for close to 7 years. I have made some style updates in them because trends come and go but the quality cannot be compared to the cheaper wigs I bought during these years.

This, but OP the honest truth is that your probably not getting unprocessed hair for $2800.
It's not "very expensive" in wig talk. It's mid line.
I saved up for an expensive wig, (a lot more than 3k) for a very long time, and buckled and ended up getting a cheaper one than I planned

amother

Silver

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:44 am
What length are you talking about? If it's mid- length past the shoulders, you're not talking about a difference in quality and I would for sure go with the $1800. My sheitel macher outright told this to me.
If it's a $3000+ wig the it may be unprocessed hair but I just got one of those wigs ($3250, most I ever spent on a wig) and I can't say I am thousands of dollars happier than I would have been with an $1800 wig. It's just a few months in, So I can't let you know how long it lasts etc

amother

Burlywood

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:17 am
I was happiest with my cheaper wig ..
Prob bc of the cut and style, but also the straighter texture. Unprocessed frizzed up faster, like natural hair..
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h