Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Boys high school, please help find a good match

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:15 am
In a couple of years, my son will need to apply to high schools. He is currently in a school that has a high school branch as well, which most boys continue on to. I don't feel like this high school is a good fit for him for several reasons.
I'd love to hear about local highschools (Brooklyn)!

We are an agudah type of family, yeshivish open minded. My son is very smart but finds learning to be somewhat hard, as far as so many hours of gemara... He would thrive in a place that combines learning, hands on learning and sports in their curriculum. He would do best in a school that is not huge and gives individual attention.
Us parents, want him to get a well rounded education in hopes that he will eventually learn part time and go to college/ work part time a few years after finishing school. Also, a school that stresses midos tovos and where the boys are mentch.
Does such a school exist in Brooklyn?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:03 pm
A few years is a very long time. Schools change. What is today will not for sure be the same in a few years. Do research closer to, when he is in 7th grade.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
A few years is a very long time. Schools change. What is today will not for sure be the same in a few years. Do research closer to, when he is in 7th grade.

Yes, I know things change but I'd like to get a feel for the options out there .

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 12:30 pm
Yeshiva Nesivos Chaim - Rabbi Plutchok's Yeshiva is amazing! small classes, they give amazing attention to each student, they have a park nearby and they go to the Y a lot. My son thrived there. It is an amazing warm place.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 3:31 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Yeshiva Nesivos Chaim - Rabbi Plutchok's Yeshiva is amazing! small classes, they give amazing attention to each student, they have a park nearby and they go to the Y a lot. My son thrived there. It is an amazing warm place.

Where is it located? How small is the school? I don't want too small, but classes that have around 18-22 would be great

amother
Olive

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 4:50 pm
There’s no point in looking until 7th because boys change a lot

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:22 pm
Anyone can chime in with info?
I know it's early.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:50 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries