Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema please recommend soaps and moisturizers

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 1:30 pm
Which products are best for little kids with awful eczema? Have been to allergist etc...

Thanks

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 3:48 pm
We've been happy/successful B"H, B"ah with the Vanicream/free& clear brand (one brand, two names) available on Amazon. Soaps & shampoos worked. My DD was not as successful with their creams & lotions but she has crazy topical allergies, too.
We found them because they were recommended by her allergist.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 4:54 pm
Thanks. Does the shampoo I use make a diff too?

Frumme

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 5:01 pm
We use Suave Naturals, it's fragrance free, dye free, no parabens/sulfates/etc

https://www.target.com/p/suave.....aw.ds this one is with coconut oil which is good too but they have a fragrance free one too

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 7:52 pm
First I would recommend you change your detergent to one that is free of perfumes and dyes. I use tide free and clear liquid not the powder version. You should make sure that all linens and towels and anything your child will touch should be washed with a hypoallergenic detergent. Also, I only use free and clear dryer sheets and fabric softener and I use them only when extremely necessary. For soap any dove body wash with a mild scent. Like cucumber or pomegranate. Nothing with a floral smell. Shampoo I use pert, or Pantene. Even handsoap has to be very mild.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
We've been happy/successful B"H, B"ah with the Vanicream/free& clear brand (one brand, two names) available on Amazon. Soaps & shampoos worked. My DD was not as successful with their creams & lotions but she has crazy topical allergies, too.
We found them because they were recommended by her allergist.

Vanicream was recommended by an allergist and also by someone that does natural healing. Im happy with the results

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:15 pm
Did you ever consider treating a leaky gut? If he’s young enough that you can take him off dairy and gluten you probably will see a huge difference

mochacoffee

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:40 pm
I switched my son to this organic, fragrance free shampoo on amazon, I also got the conditioner version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....98833

Also switched detergent to All free clear.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:44 pm
Mustela shampoo and body wash

Tide free and gentle detergent

Cerave, aquaphor, eucerin baby moisturizers.

Test for allergies. Heal the gut, liver and immune system.

pg

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 8:45 pm
I used aquaphor body wash and any petroleum jelly cream is good. I used aquaphor and was happy. No fabric softener as well as dryer sheets. Have you ever tried bleach bath and wet wraps? I saw major improvement bh!

shanarishona

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:38 pm
Some recommendations:
Use ointments rather than creams. Definitely not lotions.
(Creams moisturize more than lotions, ointments moisturize more than creams)

Anything you use - use fragrance free

Don’t use anything with food ingredients (or at least ask an allergist first) there are some theories that this can cause problems re allergies. I don’t know if it’s true.
So no “oatmeal cream” no coconut oil, no Shea butter etc....

Feel free to pm

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:39 pm
What helped most was going off dairy.
We use aveeno sensitive and cetaphil

kenz

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:38 am
My teenage daughter has been struggling with eczema for years, at times so bad her skin was open and raw, especially on her neck. I'm not goinng to comment on the prescription creams, which are all short-term fixes, but as far as regular soaps and creams that she has found to be most helpful over the years (we've tried pretty much everything):
Aveeno Body Wash and Aveeno Oatmeal bath treatments (little packets you pour into the bath)
St. Ives Oatmeal body lotion - has worked far better than more expensive creams
Aloe Vera ointment/liquid for when the body feels overheated and needs cooling down
There is also a company called Dr. Elsa Jungman that has face creams and serums that she has found to be excellent for her skin, but they are pricy.
Hatzlachah - one rule of thumb I've found to be true is that no one thing works for everyone, so be prepared for a lot of trial and error. Iy"H it should be a short phase and not a years-long problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics