Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dress shoes for mesivta boy

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:00 pm
DS basically kills his dress shoes. He has gone through about 3 pairs a school year since beginning mesivta. I have tried cheaper and more expensive shoes (ranging from 20-30 to 80-90) Name brands like Calvin Klein and Cole Haan and cheaper Amazon brands. He likes the driving moc style. Any ideas of shoes that last? I have been hesitant to try $200 shoes because I don't want to spend that much and have him kill those too. He is going to EY next year for Bais Medrash and will need very strong shoes for J-lem walking. Any ideas? What has worked for your sons?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:21 pm
My DS also kills his shoes. For me it's psychologically easier to buy $45 shoes 4 times a year than to shell out $200 at once on the off chance that "this time" they'll last

These are what he has now and they're actually only half beat up after 4 months
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e5a43

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DS basically kills his dress shoes. He has gone through about 3 pairs a school year since beginning mesivta. I have tried cheaper and more expensive shoes (ranging from 20-30 to 80-90) Name brands like Calvin Klein and Cole Haan and cheaper Amazon brands. He likes the driving moc style. Any ideas of shoes that last? I have been hesitant to try $200 shoes because I don't want to spend that much and have him kill those too. He is going to EY next year for Bais Medrash and will need very strong shoes for J-lem walking. Any ideas? What has worked for your sons?
[b][quote]

Following. My son is so hard on his feet. He can only wear expensive shoes bc his narrow and I feel like every second day we are shopping.

If anyone has any links to amazing quality and affordable plz share.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:10 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
My DS also kills his shoes. For me it's psychologically easier to buy $45 shoes 4 times a year than to shell out $200 at once on the off chance that "this time" they'll last

These are what he has now and they're actually only half beat up after 4 months
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....e5a43

My son also has these.
He's mentioned the black is peeling off already though.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:22 pm
Look up bruno marc black shoes on Amazon. I've been buying them for years now.

Imma613

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:40 pm
Which Bruno Marc?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:46 pm
Quote:
Look up bruno marc black shoes on Amazon.

Funny, DS tore through the bottoms of those in weeks. The kenneth cole ones are holding up much better
I think a lot depends also on how the kid walks and what part of the shoe gets the most wear and tear

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:48 am
The only shoes that hold up for dh here in israel are rockports or sperry's. sperry's are more the look he wants but they only last 6 months for dh, rockports last a year
he kills anything else

saybesser

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 7:51 am
Cole haan zero grand
Adidas stan smith

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:23 am
My son likes these https://www.boscovs.com/shop/p.....9.htm and they fit correctly (many others are too narrow to put his foot in. Seems to last pretty well also, but not such an expensive shoe that I mind replacing when needed.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:28 am
I have that one son who also used to go through shoes reeeaaallly fast. For a while hush puppies worked well. Several months ago amazon had geox loafers with a velcro fastening for around $30. They're last really really well so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....1634c

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 8:52 am
That's for a boy in mesivta?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 9:14 am
My son has Ecco shoes off Zappos, which I spent about $100 on, and they've been holding up nicely. I'll look for a link.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:45 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
That's for a boy in mesivta?

Lol. Just realized. He's in 9th grade but has small feet. Dh has smaller feet than me, and it looks like my sons are taking after him. (Yes, he's significantly taller, I'm a 8.5 women's, he's a 7.5-8 men's, and no it doesn't indicate anything else)
Ds wears the size 6

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 1:55 pm
No worries. I have a son in 9th with even smaller feet (but he skipped so that contributes and probably by next year he'll be that size) but he wouldn't wear one that velcroed closed I don't think. Only slip on loafers/moccasins.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics