Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What happens if Mashiach doesn’t come by year 6000?
1  2  Next

rimon613

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:29 pm
Is it a guarantee that Mashiach will come by year 6000? If Mashiach doesn’t come by year 6000 does it mean Judaism is not true?

aj1

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:30 pm
we have faith and dont make the same mistake they made by the egel by miscounting...

Rappel

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:33 pm
rimon613 wrote:
Is it a guarantee that Mashiach will come by year 6000? If Mashiach doesn’t come by year 6000 does it mean Judaism is not true?

No, it's not. It's just one theory.

And the gemara has very sharp things to say about people whom theorise about the time before Bereishit and about the time of moshiach. So I wouldn't base my Judaism on either. Focus on the present, and do the best you can here and now - THAT is Judaism.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:37 pm
Rabbi YY Jacobson just gave a class this morning on the topic of Moshiach part of a series. Highly recommend

chanee

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:40 pm
We believe moshiach is on it's way and WIll be very soon. Not think "what if"? Hashem is the one who has his plans if need be. We need to do whatever we've got to do , speed up gaula, and not worry any further.

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:42 pm
It's a daas yachid. A single opinion in the Gemara. And an extremely dangerous thing to be publicising IMHO, exactly because of the question that you ask. And R Shimon Schwab has a whole paper on how our counting of the years IS actually wrong and we are something like 165 years into the future (I don't remember the exact number).

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:44 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:
It's a daas yachid. A single opinion in the Gemara. And an extremely dangerous thing to be publicising IMHO, exactly because of the question that you ask. And R Shimon Schwab has a whole paper on how our counting of the years IS actually wrong and we are something like 165 years into the future (I don't remember the exact number).

So we are actually 165 years past the 6000 years ?

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:47 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
So we are actually 165 years past the 6000 years ?

No 165 into the future... Like 5781 + 165 ... I'll try I find a link to the paper

yksraya

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:47 pm
What I believe is, that after 6000 will be L'usid Lovo. Every 1000 years is like a day, so before 6000 is friday, and then will be the yom shekulo shabbos. Mashiach will hopefully come very very soon.

I feel like the tragedies that are happening are the chavlei mashiach.

b.chadash

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:48 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:

This is true. We have our numbers wrong. And its on purpose.

dena613

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:49 pm
Rappel wrote:
No, it's not. It's just one theory.

And the gemara has very sharp things to say about people whom theorise about the time before Bereishit and about the time of moshiach. So I wouldn't base my Judaism on either. Focus on the present, and do the best you can here and now - THAT is Judaism.

Why?
Isn't that the way the meforshim explain
B'Ito Achishena?

Last edited by dena613 on Mon, May 03 2021, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:52 pm
I think it's this one but im not 100% and I can't read it now.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....19675

trixx

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:54 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:

Ahh how nice would that be!

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 10:57 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Rabbi YY Jacobson just gave a class this morning on the topic of Moshiach part of a series. Highly recommend

Can you post a link?

MitzadSheini

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:45 pm
trixx wrote:
Ahh how nice would that be!

I think Rav Schwab was not a fan of the 6,000 deadline. Not at all.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, May 02 2021, 11:57 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Can you post a link?

https://theyeshiva.net/jewish/.....art-1

dankbar

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:05 am
By year 6000 Moshiach will have had to come already. The question is how he will come with our merit or not. That will also reflect how milchamos gog umgog will be. Will Moshiach come easily or with strife?

The Jews in Mitzrayim were in מט share tumah, they anyway got freed for otherwise they would just drop even lower.

MitzadSheini

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:56 am
dankbar wrote:
By year 6000 Moshiach will have had to come already. The question is how he will come with our merit or not. That will also reflect how milchamos gog umgog will be. Will Moshiach come easily or with strife?

The Jews in Mitzrayim were in מט share tumah, they anyway got freed for otherwise they would just drop even lower.

As I said above, this is a daas yachid in the Gemara.

Rappel

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:26 am
MitzadSheini wrote:
As I said above, this is a daas yachid in the Gemara.

Exactly. And there are very strong injunctions in the gemara not to try to calculate a date, because when we're done with our silly calculations and the date passes with no Moshiach, then people may throw out the baby with the bathwater.

sequoia

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:08 am
Nothing will happen.

Why do people care about predictions for the far future? Judaism was always about ethical behavior in this world, and basta.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics