Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What do you serve your cleaner for breakfast/lunch?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:13 pm
And how much does it take away from her working?
Do you also pay her for this time?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:15 pm
I feed her whatever I am making for myself. Usually and egg and toast or toast and cheese sandwich.
Sometimes, a yogurt and fruit too. Honestly, it depends on how hungry I am and what I have in the house. In my opinion, it is just decency.
FYI she leaves before 1

tweety1

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:22 pm
Variety. defrost frozen pizza and yogurt, sometimes leftover dinner from the night before. I'm very particular what I serve. If it's not something I would eat I don't give it to her. Sometimes I order a sandwich or sushi on Uber eats. Cheese blintzes store bought. Yesterday I made her an egg omelet sandwich on toast with cream cheese and a yogurt. Wednesday she'll get cheese snack and I'm not sure what else. She's here between 6-8 hrs depending on the day. I serve her somewhere in the middle.
She doesn't take a long break at all maybe like 5-10 min at most. So of course I pay her.

Last edited by tweety1 on Mon, May 03 2021, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:22 pm
I give a Pizza with a yogurt or fruit, or a sandwich with a yogurt or fruit. I ask her what she prefers.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 2:50 pm
Lunch yes, but why breakfast?

tichellady

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:40 pm
Nothing. She eats before or after but she isn’t at my place for the whole day.

Fabulous

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:46 pm
I usually have someone the whole day so they get a good lunch of chicken or the like from dinner the night before. If I don’t have leftovers- frozen pizza or something. Definitely part of the pay. Usually take a about 10-20 min. It’s the only break they usually take all day, aside from the bathroom

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:54 pm
Peanut butter sandwich or cream cheese sandwich. Sometimes w a fruit

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 3:58 pm
If your cleaning lady is working the whole day, it is customary to feed them lunch. I think that really be anything - a tuna sandwich - pizza. I don't think most people offer breakfast but it is a nice gesture to ask if she would like coffee/tea and a roll or bagel or donut.

Generally my cleaning lady only works half the day so I don't feed her lunch. When I have her the whole day for a special project, I generally order us both takeout because it is easier than serving lunch.

My cleaning lady knows she is welcome to eat an kind of snack in the refrigerator - drinks, fruit or I usually have small bags of chips or snacks. Since she puts all my stuff away, she knows where everything is. She stocks my refrigerator with drinks from my pantry Smile

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:03 pm
My cleaning help likes toast, scrambled eggs (with cheese) and coffee.

mizle10

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:08 pm
She brings her own lunch and eats it in the laundry room. She also knows she’s welcome to help herself to anything from my pantry.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 4:09 pm
Chulent is her fave
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics