Home

Physical therapy ASAP for myself - sprained ankle

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:39 pm
I’m not on jersey care, have good insurance. Who’s reccomended? First rehab and Meir Rotberg are out of network on my plan
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:43 pm
If you want therapy at home - Link Home Therapy.
Back to top

anonymrs




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 5:49 pm
Came here to recommend Mayer Rotberg but I see that doesn't work for you. Good luck!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:00 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
If you want therapy at home - Link Home Therapy.


Have you used them?
How does it work with equipment? They bring things?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 6:00 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Came here to recommend Mayer Rotberg but I see that doesn't work for you. Good luck!


I know, it’s a shame Sad he’s supposed to be amazing
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:10 am
Bump
Back to top

amother




Hotpink
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have you used them?
How does it work with equipment? They bring things?


Yes, they have phenomenal therapists and I think they work with Meir Rotberg - if the patient isn’t right for him he refers to them and vice versa. Obviously it’s not a gym so you won’t have machines but it’s surprising how much you can do using a bag of equipment and regular household items.
Back to top

galbis




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:00 am
I don't have any experience with them, but I've heard of Gindi Rehab. I know one of their OTs and she's very good but I can't tell you about the PTs.
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:08 am
https://youtu.be/3TYj_ugUM7w

Bob and Brad
Youtube physical therapy videos
Saved my family thousands of dollars tens of hours of time.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
https://youtu.be/3TYj_ugUM7w

Bob and Brad
Youtube physical therapy videos
Saved my family thousands of dollars tens of hours of time.


I can’t even imagine how a 15 min video can replace in person therapy
But thank you anyways
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:07 am
OP, a 15 min video certainly can't replace the therapy in-person experience or even a PT personally demonstrating moves on your body or supervising you doing exercises.

However, the exercises demonstrated by these PTs in all their videos are evidence based, and likely the same ones you'll learn in in-person therapy. If it's not for you, perhaps it can help someone else on this site.

Bob and Brad have helped our family with knee, shoulder, neck, back, elbow ankle and wrist sprains and strains as well as a number of age related inflammatory mobility issues. They are knowledgeable, explain the physiology and suggest and demonstrate exercises as well as self tests to determine if the problem needs professional intervention. Many many issues are able to be treated at home, on our schedule, without missing work or school. It's like having a relative in the industry, even for bad sprains.

Also, COVID has made us all aware of our self sufficiency related to health. I had a relative recover well from open heart surgery using youtube rehab videos religiously ( twice daily) last April and May. In person rehab was deemed a greater risk due to the covid rates at rehabs and nursing homes.
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 9:08 am
I did PT for tennis elbow a few years ago with Sportscare in Brick, they were amazing but it cost a pretty penny even with my good, private insurance.

I'm doing some PT for back pain with Monmouth Rehab. They are good, even if not as fancy facilities.
Back to top

checkbefore




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:53 pm
I had a great experience at Atlantic Physical Therapy. They have a few offices.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:27 pm
checkbefore wrote:
I had a great experience at Atlantic Physical Therapy. They have a few offices.


Thank you! Did you go to the Jackson location?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:27 pm
[quote="Chayalle"]I did PT for tennis elbow a few years ago with Sportscare in Brick, they were amazing but it cost a pretty penny even with my good, private insurance.

I'm doing some PT for back pain with Monmouth Rehab. They are good, even if not as fancy facilities.[/quote

Thank you so much!! This is so helpful!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
OP, a 15 min video certainly can't replace the therapy in-person experience or even a PT personally demonstrating moves on your body or supervising you doing exercises.

However, the exercises demonstrated by these PTs in all their videos are evidence based, and likely the same ones you'll learn in in-person therapy. If it's not for you, perhaps it can help someone else on this site.

Bob and Brad have helped our family with knee, shoulder, neck, back, elbow ankle and wrist sprains and strains as well as a number of age related inflammatory mobility issues. They are knowledgeable, explain the physiology and suggest and demonstrate exercises as well as self tests to determine if the problem needs professional intervention. Many many issues are able to be treated at home, on our schedule, without missing work or school. It's like having a relative in the industry, even for bad sprains.

Also, COVID has made us all aware of our self sufficiency related to health. I had a relative recover well from open heart surgery using youtube rehab videos religiously ( twice daily) last April and May. In person rehab was deemed a greater risk due to the covid rates at rehabs and nursing homes.


Thank you!
Back to top

checkbefore




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:02 pm
I went to the Lakewood location. Chris and Patrick were great!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Lakewood to catskills- asap 0 Mon, Jun 21 2021, 12:28 pm View last post
Lady driver needed ASAP
by amother
1 Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:29 pm View last post
Is it ok to do both therapy
by amother
15 Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:17 pm View last post
Need validation asap
by amother
18 Fri, Jun 11 2021, 2:05 pm View last post
Have you heard of a Lance Smith, a Physical Therapist?
by amother
3 Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:13 pm View last post