Home

How bad-left steaks in fridge for 30 hrs b4 putting in freez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:41 pm
I bought some steaks and kept them in the fridge thinking I would make them. didnt end up having time so I put in freezer. but had already been in fridge for 30 hours. will they not be fresh when I make them? I hope I didnt do much damage. Can't Believe It

rsmey

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:54 pm
Most of the time there is a sell by or use by date. They usually give you a nice amount of days. Check your steaks to see if it has a date like that. You should be fine.

amother

Pink

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:55 pm
You should be fine. I just stuck mine in the freezer and I bought yesterday morning. Was in fridge till now

amother

OP

Post Mon, May 03 2021, 10:56 pm
rsmey wrote:
Most of the time there is a sell by or use by date. They usually give you a nice amount of days. Check your steaks to see if it has a date like that. You should be fine.

thanks, b4 date. I just usually try to freeze right away if not using

seeker

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:44 am
If it's before the best by date then it's for sure fine. Just use it efficiently after you defrost it.

Raisin

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 4:42 am
if its vac packed, meat can keep for weeks in the fridge. If not, probably a few days, but should have a date on it. Beef keeps for much longer then chicken, which only stays good for a couple of days. 30 hours I can't imagine it has gone bad unless you bought very short dated meat.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:37 am
Agree with above posters. If you have many steaks you might consider freezing them individually. That way you can defrosts the exact amount of steaks that you need later on.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:52 am
You can keep meat in the fridge for 2 days, so you're fine. Just keep in mind that once defrosted, you should be cooking right away.

amother

Denim

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:47 am
Meat usually lasts longer than chicken. I've often left in in the fridge a day or two before using and it's fine.

amother

OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 8:47 am
Thanx everyone!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen