Home

New City Schools

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:11 am
I’m looking for a house in new city Buena vista area. What schools do people send their kids to? For reference, my husband and I are BY/Yeshiva but working. We definitely watch movies but tzniusdig etc. Are people friendly there ? I don’t mind people more to the right but don’t want my kids to be outcasts.
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:19 am
YSV, but it's hard to get into

Maybe Ashar
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:22 am
I second YSV. I don't think Ashar would be for you.
Look into Ateres Bais Yaakov as well.
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:23 am
YSV seems like a good fit. Maybe also Bas Mikroh.
Ashar is very modern. Many mom's don't cover their hair or dress tzenuis, the families watch TV...
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:27 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I second YSV. I don't think Ashar would be for you.
Look into Ateres Bais Yaakov as well.


I second Ateres.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:31 am
YSv would be our first choice. My question is if there are other kids in the area from YSV? I know Peachtree is very yeshivish which is fine if it’s welcoming.
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
YSv would be our first choice. My question is if there are other kids in the area from YSV? I know Peachtree is very yeshivish which is fine if it’s welcoming.


People in New City send to all types of schools, it's quite a mix. It's an extension of Monsey.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:53 am
There are kids from new city in almost every litvish school in Monsey.
Back to top

amother




Copper
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:58 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
YSV seems like a good fit. Maybe also Bas Mikroh.
Ashar is very modern. Many mom's don't cover their hair or dress tzenuis, the families watch TV...


I wouldn't call ashar very modern. More to the left than the other monsey schools.
Back to top

amother




Amber
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:02 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I wouldn't call ashar very modern. More to the left than the other monsey schools.


A school that the mothers don't dress tzenuis or cover their hair is very modern, not just more to the left. I have a lot of family there, the boys don't wear a kippah when not in school. Not the entire student body is modern, there are families there that are more to the right, but it's considered a modern school in Monsey. Not yeshivish.
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m looking for a house in new city Buena vista area. What schools do people send their kids to? For reference, my husband and I are BY/Yeshiva but working. We definitely watch movies but tzniusdig etc. Are people friendly there ? I don’t mind people more to the right but don’t want my kids to be outcasts.


I know ppl def send to ysv. Neighborhood seems friendly and theres a mix but mostly middle of road. Peachtree is yeshivishe area, rest of neighborhood is less so. Still very frum but not rebbi/kollel type
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
When are schools starting in Lakewood?
by amother
28 Today at 8:46 am View last post
Move based on schools or the other way around?
by amother
3 Today at 8:37 am View last post
Is this a good reason to try to switch schools?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 12:31 pm View last post
End of year gift - Flatbush schools
by amother
6 Wed, Jun 16 2021, 2:24 pm View last post
If you are wondering about boys schools in Baltimore...
by amother
7 Wed, Jun 16 2021, 10:18 am View last post