Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Monsey from OOT, Yeshivish areas

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 1:57 pm
We are moving to the NY area from OOT this summer and would like information on the Yeshivish areas of Monsey. What areas should I be looking into. We are simple not fancy people and would like to live around a similar crowd. Where do Yeshivish families send there kids to school? Looking for boys schools and girls high school. Are people friendly to newcomers? Are there any areas that are more community oriented then others? What is the price range for housing in these areas and what can I expect to pay in taxes. Where do people rent if we would choose to rent for a year to settle in first. I have been told to look into Dexter Park and Spring Hill specifically. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 4:03 pm
Were you accepted to a school yet

Are you wealthy or connected enough to get into one, that should be the
MAIN THOUGHT IN YOUR HEAD NOW

amother
Mint

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:26 pm
Agree w/ poster above. Schools are everything in Monsey. We are moving to Monsey because I am very ill and have to move in with my in laws. Guess what? We've been trying to get into school since January. NOTHING. I have no schools for next year for my kids. Either in Monsey, Passaic, etc. Everyone tells me - you should know better! Don't move to Monsey unless you have schools... Sure, if this move was MY CHOICE, I would have waited. But it's not and we are so stuck, it's keeping me up all night and I've been panicking (between rounds of chemo). I am so frustrated and upset, it's unbelievable. So my advice is PICK ANOTHER COMMUNITY. The schools in Monsey DO NOT CARE about you unless you are a huge donor or someone deeply connected. It happens to be, we are connected but the school gave our kid's spots away because a big donor from Brooklyn came in at last minute. Nada since. And Hashem help you if your kids aren't perfect and need supplemental help, like resource room. No school will take them then.

Signed, a super frustrated and tired mama that's stuck in Monsey and will apparently be homeschooling next year.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 5:50 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Agree w/ poster above. Schools are everything in Monsey. We are moving to Monsey because I am very ill and have to move in with my in laws. Guess what? We've been trying to get into school since January. NOTHING. I have no schools for next year for my kids. Either in Monsey, Passaic, etc. Everyone tells me - you should know better! Don't move to Monsey unless you have schools... Sure, if this move was MY CHOICE, I would have waited. But it's not and we are so stuck, it's keeping me up all night and I've been panicking (between rounds of chemo). I am so frustrated and upset, it's unbelievable. So my advice is PICK ANOTHER COMMUNITY. The schools in Monsey DO NOT CARE about you unless you are a huge donor or someone deeply connected. It happens to be, we are connected but the school gave our kid's spots away because a big donor from Brooklyn came in at last minute. Nada since. And Hashem help you if your kids aren't perfect and need supplemental help, like resource room. No school will take them then.

Signed, a super frustrated and tired mama that's stuck in Monsey and will apparently be homeschooling next year.

There are moncey kids in schools here in Passaic and people who carpool on if you need information on the schools let me know
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating