Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Special drinks to enhance YT

yihyetov

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:14 pm
Hi! I would like some ideas with recipes for some special drinks I can make for yuntif...can be milchige like ice coffee or fruity or alcoholic as well. I just dont want to be doing it last minute...so something I can make in advance and will stay good please! Thanks in advance!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:17 pm
Mango lassi is perfect for summer! https://www.simplyrecipes.com/.....assi/

Fresh and tasty, with or without extra rum. Very Happy

Another good one is "spodie". I have no idea where the name came from. Get a bunch of mixed fruit salad, spread it out on a cookie sheet, and freeze it. Watermelon is especially good in this. Then whiz it in a blender for a slushy drink. Add vodka for the grownups.

yihyetov

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:24 pm
Thanks! I can add ice last minute but needs to be something that doesnt need that "ice just blended" consistancy etc...since it will be for YT

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 6:39 pm
We love iced coffee with a scoop of ice cream. You make the iced coffee ahead and just scoop in the ice cream right before serving. Each person decorates their own with chocolate sauce, whiped cream, and sprinkles. It's yummy without too. Don't forget the straws!

bsy

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:01 pm
We make iced coffee. To make in advance, combine hot water, instant coffee, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix and store in fridge. When ready to use, mix with milk.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:02 pm
Honestly, we buy sparkling grape juice. It's a treat for all the non-wine drinkers.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:05 pm
My friends my ice coffee and then keep it in fridge. Put it into the freezer two hours before serving and it should get slushy or it at least nice and chilled. The beauty of freezing the actual iced coffee (as opposed to adding ice) is that it doesn’t get watery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics