Home

Midi elegant type dress - early pregnancy

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:20 pm
I am very early on and Bh making bar mitzvah. I already am bigger and am popping though it’s way too early for me to put on maternity. Any suggestions on dresses...

Posting anonymously because asked already some close people and...
Back to top

SYA




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 7:34 pm
Solika has some nice styles that are not maternity but they are loose fitting and can be worn also when expecting.
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:49 pm
My sister wore this throughout pregnancy and after. Looked gorgeous with a shell dress underneath... u would never know it was a 20 dollar beach coverup LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....XQ2CX
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:27 am
Thanks so much for your replies. Keep them coming.
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
My sister wore this throughout pregnancy and after. Looked gorgeous with a shell dress underneath... u would never know it was a 20 dollar beach coverup LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....XQ2CX

Love this she is so smart!!
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:39 am
Believe it or not check out Target there a lot of beatiful loose floral dresses.
Back to top

miami85




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:45 am
If you get an empire waist dress, should be able to pull-it off.
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:47 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
My sister wore this throughout pregnancy and after. Looked gorgeous with a shell dress underneath... u would never know it was a 20 dollar beach coverup LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....XQ2CX


So clever.... would look like a Valentino lined
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
My sister wore this throughout pregnancy and after. Looked gorgeous with a shell dress underneath... u would never know it was a 20 dollar beach coverup LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....XQ2CX


What's a shell dress? Link?
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:05 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
What's a shell dress? Link?

Shell Station sells a lot of these:
https://theshellstation.com/co.....ss-3q
It's a shell material dress that you are supposed to wear under a dress like the one linked above. Or you can style them by wearing a blouse on top and tying the ends of the blouse, or by putting on a denim jacket or vest. They're a great thing to own. You can also wear them plain with a big necklace or a decorative scarf...
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
My sister wore this throughout pregnancy and after. Looked gorgeous with a shell dress underneath... u would never know it was a 20 dollar beach coverup LOL
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079.....XQ2CX

I might get this! She is so smart. Looking for elegant maternity now and this sounds perfect
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:14 am
I shop in the regular jewish stores that carry non-maternity clothing.
You'd be shocked at how many dresses are not maternity but fit so nicely. I have 3 dresses that are not maternity that I wore in my 9th month...
Back to top

amother




Forestgreen
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:17 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Shell Station sells a lot of these:
https://theshellstation.com/co.....ss-3q
It's a shell material dress that you are supposed to wear under a dress like the one linked above. Or you can style them by wearing a blouse on top and tying the ends of the blouse, or by putting on a denim jacket or vest. They're a great thing to own. You can also wear them plain with a big necklace or a decorative scarf...


Thanks! Sold out in the color I'd want but really appreciate the tip! I never buy actuak
L maternity...I just wear stretchy or flowy. Tx!!
Back to top

amother




Lemon
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:23 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I shop in the regular jewish stores that carry non-maternity clothing.
You'd be shocked at how many dresses are not maternity but fit so nicely. I have 3 dresses that are not maternity that I wore in my 9th month...


You know everyone carries differently, right? Some of us have protruding round ball type bellies from 6 months and on, and that wouldn't be possible for us. Hashem made a world with millions of people and granted, every body is different.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
You know everyone carries differently, right? Some of us have protruding round ball type bellies from 6 months and on, and that wouldn't be possible for us. Hashem made a world with millions of people and granted, every body is different.


It was just a suggestion, dear. If it doesn't work for you just read on.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 3:30 pm
Thanks so much for all your suggestions!! Oif SIMCHAS!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Summer vacation- so early!!!!
by amother
28 Fri, Jun 18 2021, 1:30 pm View last post
Stretch dress pants
by amother
13 Wed, Jun 16 2021, 5:07 pm View last post
What type of heel should I wear?
by amother
1 Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:27 pm View last post
NY - cost to add sleeves to a dress
by amother
2 Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:09 pm View last post
Where can I buy teen swim dress/cover-up?
by amother
6 Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:08 pm View last post