Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I had COVID a year ago Should I take the second vaccine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:39 pm
I’m not sure if I need to.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:41 pm
Well, why did you take the first one? Didn't you want to test for immunity first?

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:43 pm
I took second dose even though I had covid. My antibodies level was never very high but I did have antibodies. BH all went well. I took pfizer.

Soul on fire

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:45 pm
If you took the first then you should take the 2nd. It increases the effectiveness of the first dose. It doesn't matter that you had covid at this point. Since you already took the first.

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:47 pm
I never had covid but felt more comfortable taking only one vaccine (while pregnant). I asked a PA at the covid site who gave me a percentage that I’d be protected (I forgot exact number but may have been in the 60’s) that’s what feels safe to me at this point.

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:48 pm
Some studies found that people who had Sars-cov1 more than 15 years ago, still have immunity today. Some survivors of the original 1918 flu pandemic had antibodies well into old age. It's believed that, while antibodies fade, T-cells last longer.

Imo the vaccine has plenty of risks, so just because you took the first doesn't mean that it's worth the additional risk of taking the second. Again just my opinion.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 10:53 pm
I had long COVID. I think the first vaccine helped me feel better.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:04 pm
In Israel they are saying people who had covid may need only one dose of vax.

GLUE

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had long COVID. I think the first vaccine helped me feel better.

I have heard from a few places that people with long Covid many times feel better after the vaccine, if you think the 2nd dose will make you feel even better then take it, if you think it won't do anything then don't.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 04 2021, 11:31 pm
GLUE wrote:
I have heard from a few places that people with long Covid many times feel better after the vaccine, if you think the 2nd dose will make you feel even better then take it, if you think it won't do anything then don't.

Idk if it will

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:44 am
Should you put further poison into your body, no.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:48 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
In Israel they are saying people who had covid may need only one dose of vax.

IMO they're only saying that to make sure they have enough dosages to give out to us but who knows... Dont know

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:55 am
I had Covid a year ago and had a terrible life threatening reaction to the 2nd shot of Pfizer.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:58 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I had Covid a year ago and had a terrible life threatening reaction to the 2nd shot of Pfizer.

Oy! Do you know if it was it related to your having covid or something else?

doctorima

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:02 am
If you want to be able to travel to Israel or other countries as a vaccinated person who can be exempt from quarantine and testing requirements, you will only get this status if you take both doses and within the recommended timeframe.Dan from Dansdeals (who had Covid last year and still has high antibodies) wrote that he took the 2nd dose for this reason.

challahchallah

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:05 am
One thing to keep in mind is that it’s looking like the vaccine gives broader immunity than natural. One specific example is the South African variant which seems to respond to vaccine antibodies* but not convalescent antibodies**. If you had long Covid before, you might want to minimize the risk of that happening again when/if some of the new strains come around here.

* https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.25.427948
** https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.26.21250224

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 1:20 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I don't have any preexisting conditions, so I'm guessing it had to do with having Covid before. Maybe the 2nd dose was too much, who knows!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:01 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I don't have any preexisting conditions, so I'm guessing it had to do with having Covid before. Maybe the 2nd dose was too much, who knows!
was it moderna or Pfizer. I read that the moderna has more side affects because it contains more of the chemicals (even though Pfizer has enough so moderna has too much of it).

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:02 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I’m so scared. Are you ok now? What happened exactly.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
was it moderna or Pfizer. I read that the moderna has more side affects because it contains more of the chemicals (even though Pfizer has enough so moderna has too much of it).
It was Pfizer
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics