Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
RSV?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:01 am
7 month old has a slight cold. Are there any tips to prevent from getting worse?
I know RSV is going around.what, if anything, can I do to nip it in the bud?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:28 am
It’s a virus you can treat the symptoms you can’t make it go away.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:36 am
So how do I treat the symptoms early

tweety1

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:40 am
Give liquid vitamin c with bioflavonoids and kyolic. I'm giving my toddler an immune booster from mega health. You would have to give your baby 1/2 tsp upto 6x a day for intensive use. My baby has now a slight cold so I end up giving it like 4x a day. Otherwise I give it once to twice.

naomi2

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:53 am
Also put a cold air humidifier in the room.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:14 am
Thank you. Is the immune booster special for kids, or any?

tweety1

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Is the immune booster special for kids, or any?

Yes. Officially it's from 1 yrs old and up. But the dosage for a one yr old is 1 tsp so for a 7 month old you can totally give 1/2 tsp.
Vitamin c and kyolic you can also give from 6 months and up. I've done it for a few of my kids when they needed.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:57 am
Before giving your infant anything please ask a doctor. You can call the office and ask if they have any ideas to prevent from getting worse and even ask if you can give what other another’s mentioned. Refuah shelama

tweety1

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Before giving your infant anything please ask a doctor. You can call the office and ask if they have any ideas to prevent from getting worse and even ask if you can give what other another’s mentioned. Refuah shelama

Many many drs don't believe in vitamins. I was told that these vitamins are safe for babies 6 months and up by an old nutritionist that I think is not even alive anymore close to 20 yrs ago. Just as a btw, a good friend of mine was told by a very popular nutritionist what vitamins and how much she can give her 3 month old who had a bad case of rsv recently.

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 5:25 pm
I would do a nebulizer with saline every few hours. And just watch baby to make sure no symptoms of breathing trouble.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:05 pm
I did nebulizer with saline a few times a day with doctors guidance, and went back to doc every few days to ensure chest sounds clear and nothing else develops - Baruch Hashem it was clear!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics