Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mm theme interesting?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 7:47 am
ok putting this here cuz this is somewhat odd. what about a "treif" mm theme? fake crab, baco bits, etc. kids can dress up as pigs or other animals which are non kosher. a little out there, but why not be a little different.
whadya think?

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 7:51 am
You can do a MM exchange with the amother with the drug theme.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 7:55 am
HAHAHAHAHA

louche

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 8:45 am
Tacky.

Squash

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
You can do a MM exchange with the amother with the drug theme.

my thoughts exactly!

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 11:38 am
I love the part about kids dressing up as pigs.

That would really go over well in Kiryat Sefer

Oink.

Esther23

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 1:47 pm
Nope, I do not like it.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 2:08 pm
noooot quite...

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 2:13 pm
uhhhhh nope.....

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 2:14 pm
OH MY! My son is going to be dressed up as a treif animal = Monkey.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 2:29 pm
don't eat him, anmothr!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 4:15 pm
interesting.... The same old costumes and themes get so tired after a while. I wonder, especially since on Purim we do everything "backwards." If anything would fit into that concept, treifus would. Would McDonalds Happy Meals boxes be overkill?

GAMZu

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 4:38 pm
Please don't.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 8:28 pm
overkill is not the word, I think the word is off!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 3:32 am
oink

bubby

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:15 am
Instead of spending so much $$$ on food that people throw up over, pass on to someone else, or throw out, give 2 simple ones and....(RADICAL THOUGHT HERE) give MORE metanos Levayonim. G-d knows there are enough worthy organizations who could use the hundreds if not thousands you ladies spend every year on weird, fancy nosh & exotic wrappings.

My daughter's a Shlucha in Central Europe...not a "civilized" country where she can get Kosher food. They buy everything from ANOTHER COUNTRY!!. She has to make as much as she can herself & it costs a fortune to run all their FREE programs for Jews who know nothing about Yiddishkeit. I wrote a great poem for her Chabad House & one for a local organization & I give those out when people come to my house. Hopefully, people will make donations, but I think they're too broke after buying these fancy baskets etc.

That's what we do...too bad on those who must keep up with the Cohens. Banging head

BTW...if anyone wants to donate, PM me & I'll give you the tax deductible details.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:25 am
gosh im posting anon because everyone \seems to be criticizing the OP's idea, but I think in the spirit of "venahapoch hu" it happens to be very cute. I would do it, but I dont have x to make my own MM, I buy them from keren aniyim, so I never do themes....just buy what is pretty and the $ goes to tzedaka.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:36 am
bubby wrote:
Instead of spending so much $$$ on food that people throw up over, pass on to someone else, or throw out, give 2 simple ones and....(RADICAL THOUGHT HERE) give MORE metanos Levayonim. G-d knows there are enough worthy organizations who could use the hundreds if not thousands you ladies spend every year on weird, fancy nosh & exotic wrappings.

My daughter's a Shlucha in Central Europe...not a "civilized" country where she can get Kosher food. They buy everything from ANOTHER COUNTRY!!. She has to make as much as she can herself & it costs a fortune to run all their FREE programs for Jews who know nothing about Yiddishkeit. I wrote a great poem for her Chabad House & one for a local organization & I give those out when people come to my house. Hopefully, people will make donations, but I think they're too broke after buying these fancy baskets etc.

That's what we do...too bad on those who must keep up with the Cohens. Banging head

BTW...if anyone wants to donate, PM me & I'll give you the tax deductible details.

um, not to go off topic but I'd like to address this. I used to not do themes, then I started doing themes. why? cuz its cheaper, thats why. if you'd like to know how, let me know, I'll start another thread on it. btw, I fyou spend as much on matanos l'evyonim as you do on mm, are you also makpid to spend as much on matanos l'evyonim or mm as you do on the seuda? just curious.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 5:42 am
Quote:
Would McDonalds Happy Meals boxes be overkill?
nothing wrong with that here in argentina. we have a glatt kosher, shomer shabbos mcdonalds in the mall.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Mar 19 2008, 6:29 am
Yo,
I don't think I could bring myself to eat a glatt kosher Mcdonalds...

Maybe it's different for you cause you have so few places to go that whatever you get is great for you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics