Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Copytribe
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

keepsmiling1

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 12:50 pm
HI! I am thinking of taking a copywriting course by Michal Eiskowitz called copytribe.
Has anyone here ever token this course? Would you recommend it?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 6:48 pm
Following

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 7:27 pm
No, but I'm curious, what do you learn in a copywrite course?

mamma llama

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 8:07 pm
I haven't taken the course, but her site lists all the modules that she teaches: https://www.michaleisikowitz.c.....tribe

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:15 am
Bump
would love to hear from people who have taken it here!

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 1:25 am
From what I've heard its really good, but in order to make money writing copy you have to really put yourself out there, its a flooded field so you have to be the best and also enjoy hustling up business, work won't just come trickling your way. So if you have that ambitious personality it could be a really good idea to take the calss.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:12 am
I took it with the first batch of people.

Copywriting is writing promotional materials. Anything that's supposed to get someone to do something. To click, to call, to donate, to buy, to put their email in the little box and sign up for emails, etc

It's ads, landing pages, emails, social media posts, websites, etc.

The course is great if you want to freelance. I realized after that the freelance life is not for me. Posting on linkedin, constantly finding clients and making contracts and making sure I get the money etc. Working from home wasn't for me either.

You need to be able to commit to really starting your own freelance business.

Id suggest the course to anyone who wants this. At the end of the day the feild makes a ton of money. I'd rather make less and work in a boring office in Israel that is less stressful.

If you own a small business or a business I'd suggest taking the course as well. It's great knowledge and ideas as a business owner.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:35 am
If you’re a writer don’t give it another thought- it’s a definite for you!!!!

As a graduate of the course I will say this with my whole heart-

You get every pennys worth!!! ANd I 100000% recommend!!!

(Please do not judge a course based off of how I write this post I am writing it fast as I run between errands just because I saw CopyTribe mentioned here!!)

Michal literally gives an amazing amazing course - the value of what you come out with is probably equivalent to five other courses!!!

Even with the field being full of people seems there is always more room for talented well trained peopel!!!

Big advantage is that this copywriting course is kosher!!!

Elyeyo

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 3:49 am
I did Copytribe last year. I didn't know what copywriting was. It changed my life.
I literally made back the money within my first project, and have 4x my income and BEH will keep going.
I had been working for 10 years in a lot of different fields, but never found my thing, but felt trapped into my boring + low-paying job because I had flexible hours.
I had no motivation.
Now, I have to force myself to stop working.
Copywriting is a mix of creativity, strategy, working with people, and research.
There is SO much need for all types of copywriters - ads, websites, emails, print. You can find YOUR thing - there are so many options. There's a myth that the market is flooded, but when everything is digital, having good copy skills is HUGELY in demand. I don't like ads, but I love email and websites so I focus on that.
You can either work in an agency, in a company or freelance. I do a bit of both.
If you like writing (even if you've never written for money), and want to have a stimulating career with huge income potential if you work hard, this is for you. It was a HUGE decision for me - financially that is. I could not afford it.
BH we made a plan, and it's been the most valuable thing I've ever done in terms of my career
The crazy thing is there is literally a 100% money-back guarantee on the teeny chance you realize it's not for you.
Professionally, it's been the defining thing in my life. I have a university degree but this has given me everything I never believed I could have

1. Stimulating career
2. Flexibility
3. High-income potential

Oh, and Michal is the most humble, generous, supportive and talented teacher and mentor you could ever dream of. You learn about 1 year of copywriting in knowledge through the course, and you get to practice it.

Happy to answer any questions privately.

bunny

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 4:21 am
I took it twice. The first time as someone who wanted to grow my writing business and be a stronger copywriter.

The second time two years later (last year). My business had evolved to more strategy and websites than the actual copywriting. So that time I joined as a "business owner" rather than a copywriter (though copy is definitely part of what I do).

The first time, when I joined as a writer:

You learn how to do copywriting, you get practical assignments and serious feedback that helps you understand how to improve. The copywriting modules are excellent. If you want to have an in-house job with an agency, lots of Copytribers go that route. If you want to go full force and launch as a freelancer, lots of copytribers do that as well. If you want to learn it all, and take on side projects while you keep your day job - people also do that. Once you have the knowledge, you take a look atyour life and your goals and make choices about your next steps.

One thing I will say about learning a certain topic and showing up as the expert. It's not so much that you know all there is to know. It's that you know what questions need to be asked, and you know how to find the answers. Copy Tribe is FULL of people helping you - to formulate the questions if that's what you need, to supply answers if that's what you need, to help you understand what the answers mean and come to a strong conclusion. You're not the expert all on your own. You're an expert surrounded by a tribe of support. The Slack channel is still in full swing all this time later, and just this morning I posted asking if anyone would work with me on emails and I got a response from someone within 4 minutes.

When I joined as a business owner:

Last year when I joined I was at the stage where I had a big goal I wanted to accomplish (to create and launch a course). I knew that I personally had so many ways I could procrastinate and doubt myself and basically never accomplish it. I joined the VIP track. What I wanted was the business-building energy of a group of dedicated frum women who were seriously working to accomplish something. Who wouldn't pull me down with their negative vibes and scarcity mindset. And the support and energy and business-building group dynamic is a powerful thing. It's tangible in copytribe, and even though I wasn't developing the writing side of my business, for business growth in general it was exactly what I needed. I got support and feedback all through the course development process, and also got a beta group to test it out.

And the fact that it's frum - I'm not a judgmental or snobby person. But I find myself being on my best behavior when in a secular environment. And with copytribe, I could let myself be myself. And that alone helped me get real and get down to business. Instead of putting on the "it's all great and wonderful" face. I don't know if that's an issue for anyone besides me, but being in a frum group let me start where I am and really truly progress. Instead of being on my best behavior and not let myself ask newbie questions. It was just safe. Which, maybe you're stronger than I am, but for me it was a huge factor that helped me grow (instead of pretending I was perfect and didn't need to grow).

I joined the VIP track for personal calls and critiques with Michal. And for the group calls where we address questions/roadblocks etc in a more in-depth way. For feedback on building a business and having projects at a bit more advanced than a true beginner, the VIP track is worth it. At least it was for me.

I hope this is helpful for anyone considering joining copytribe.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 7:06 am
Everything on her sales page is true, if you're willing to apply what you learn and put it in action. Keep in mind: Taking the course is not a magic pill to get into a great field and make money fast. You need to work hard, however the course gives you EVERYTHING you need to do that. If you go take the lessons seriously and apply what you learn, this course will take you very, very far.
Basically, if you're a strong writer and willing to invest the time and energy I'm growing, this course will jumpstart you insanely.

Do you have specific questions/hesitations? Maybe we can address those.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:58 am
Looks like lots of people weighed in here, so here are just some brief thoughts:
1. I always loved to write and wrote for magazines on the side, but this course allowed me to make writing my full time job - with a huge income increase and a steady flow of leads B"H.
2. I freelance and yes, it is much more intense. BUT there are plenty of women who took the course with me and are happily employed as in-house copywriters, still making much more money than the average medical biller, etc. (I just saw an offer for starting salary for in-house copywriter: $70k)

Like everything else, it takes focus and drive and work... But it's an incredible field, and there's no end to the demand.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:21 pm
I just signed up!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:30 pm
This sounds amazing.
What do u think is a reasonable income for a full time successful freelancer?

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:39 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
This sounds amazing.
What do u think is a reasonable income for a full time successful freelancer?

This, can anyone post anon? Also how long it takes to build up a business, how much you can expect to make the first year? Per average project? How many projects per year?

Does she teach how to go about marketing and finding the clients?

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 5:56 pm
Also, for those saying if you're a good writer then you would enjoy copywriting. I've wondered about this for a while. I enjoy writing first person essays and I've been published a few times. But isn't that a completely different type of writing than trying to sell something?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:00 pm
Answering backward:

Copywriting is different than content writing. You need to be a good writer, but that's not enough. You need to enjoy thinking critically and strategically. A huge chunk of the job is researching and thinking. Many good content writers can learn to be good copywriters, but it's not the exact same skill.

Michal does cover marketing and getting clients. (YOU are the one who needs to implement everything that you learn.)

Income: It varies significantly. The starting rate for an in-house copywriter is around $30. Freelance copywriting starts at about $50 for someone who is trained but not as experienced. There's INCREDIBLE room for growth, depending on how much you invest in your business and how many hours a week you work. Someone working 15 hours a week is not going to make as much as someone working 30, and they won't get as far as fast. Two years after taking copytribe, I make around $70k a year working about 20-30 hours a week from home.

If you are willing to put in the work, it's an incredibly lucrative field. And CopyTribe is definitely a way to fasttrack you and help you get ahead faster.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Answering backward:

Copywriting is different than content writing. You need to be a good writer, but that's not enough. You need to enjoy thinking critically and strategically. A huge chunk of the job is researching and thinking. Many good content writers can learn to be good copywriters, but it's not the exact same skill.

Michal does cover marketing and getting clients. (YOU are the one who needs to implement everything that you learn.)

Income: It varies significantly. The starting rate for an in-house copywriter is around $30. Freelance copywriting starts at about $50 for someone who is trained but not as experienced. There's INCREDIBLE room for growth, depending on how much you invest in your business and how many hours a week you work. Someone working 15 hours a week is not going to make as much as someone working 30, and they won't get as far as fast. Two years after taking copytribe, I make around $70k a year working about 20-30 hours a week from home.

If you are willing to put in the work, it's an incredibly lucrative field. And CopyTribe is definitely a way to fasttrack you and help you get ahead faster.

Thanks. So all those who are saying it’s lucrative mean the 70-80K range?

Coffee beanz

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:03 pm
Following

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, May 12 2021, 8:04 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Thanks. So all those who are saying it’s lucrative mean the 70-80K range?
she posted $70k for part time work.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics